AURORA, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Westell Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:WSTL), a leading provider of in-building wireless, intelligent site management, cell site optimization, and outside plant solutions, announces today its Director of Product Management for Westell’s In-Building Wireless (IBW) group, Rick Good, will serve as a key panelist for the “DAS Optimization and Monitoring Techniques for Peak Performance” session at the upcoming DAS & Small Cells Congress. Westell will also exhibit its industry-leading suite of solutions at the event in Booth 204 with a live demonstration of the ClearLink UDIT, Intelligent Site Management, and the Near-Far performance tool. DAS & Small Cells Congress, the preeminent wireless industry event, will take place on June 8-10, 2015 at The Roosevelt New Orleans, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New Orleans, LA.
The “DAS Optimization and Monitoring Techniques for Peak Performance” panel, moderated by Earl Lum, President of EJL Wireless Research LLC, will occur on June 9 at 3:10 PM to 4:15 PM. The session will cover discussion points such as:
- The challenges of providing a heterogeneous DAS for coverage and capacity
- The importance of noise and interference management in DAS systems
- In-building DAS antenna OTE characterization
- Near-Far needs – what performance is required to significantly reduce the issue
- And more
Joining Westell’s Rick Good on the panel will be Scott Pollister, Director of Business Development at C Squared Systems, LLC; Geoff O’Neill, Sales Director at Dali Wireless; and Heikki Korva, RF Team Leader at Pulse Electronics Antenna R&D.
Detailed discussions at the Westell exhibit booth 204 to include:
Solving the Near/Far
- Westell will showcase its new web-based tool, which compares Near-Far performance under defined conditions. Users can change environmental as well as DAS parameters and see the effect they have on Near-Far performance.
- Click here to learn more about the Near/Far problem.
DAS RF Conditioners
- The ClearLink® Universal DAS Interface Tray (UDIT™) is technology neutral and provides signal conditioning and remote monitoring and control for single service provider, neutral host, and multicarrier systems.
- Click here to watch an informative video on UDIT.
- Intelligent Site Management
- Digital repeaters and monitoring solutions
- Other industry-leading Westell products and solutions
Reporters or analysts interested in speaking with Westell executives are encouraged to contact Jennifer Davis at email@example.com.
Learn more about and view full conference agenda for DAS & Small Cells Congress at http://www.dascongress.com/agenda.html.
Westell Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, is a leading provider of in-building wireless, intelligent site management, cell site optimization, and outside plant solutions focused on innovation and differentiation at the edge of telecommunication networks, where end users connect. The Company’s comprehensive set of products and solutions enable telecommunication service providers, cell tower operators, and other network operators to reduce operating costs and improve network performance. With millions of products successfully deployed worldwide, Westell is a trusted partner for transforming networks into high quality, reliable systems. For more information, please visit www.westell.com.