DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/73zgnt/uv_led) has announced the addition of the "UV LED - Technology, Manufacturing and Application Trends" report to their offering.
Thanks to their compactness and low cost of ownership, UV LEDs continue to make their way in the booming UV curing business, through replacement of incumbent technologies such as mercury lamps. Thanks to this an overall UV LED market that represented only -$20M in 2008 grew to-$90M in 2014, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 28.5%.
Such growth is likely to continue as LED-powered UV curing spreads across ink, adhesive and coating industries. By 2017/2018, the UV LED market should also see part of its revenues coming from UVC disinfection and purification applications, for which device performance is not yet sufficient.
But this is only if we take into account standard applications, where UV LEDs replace UV lamps. The potential is even greater if we consider UV LEDs' ability to enable new concepts in areas like general lighting, horticultural lighting, biomedical devices, and in fighting hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). Even this is just scratching the surface of UV LEDs' real potential. While the new applications don't yet have a strong impact on market size, we expect them to possibly count for nearly 10% of the total UV LED market size by 2019.
The report presents a comprehensive review of all UV lamp applications including a deep analysis of UV curing, UV purification and disinfection and analytical instruments. It highlights the UV LED working principle, market structure, UV LED market drivers and associated challenges and characteristics, the total accessible market (TAM) for UV LEDs, and much more. The report also details the market volume and size metrics for traditional UV lamps and UV LEDs over the period 2008-2019, with splits by application for each technology.
Additionally, the report presents an analysis of new concepts and applications integrating UV LEDs, such as biomedical devices, edge bead removal, light therapy, plant growth, and disinfection.
Objectives Of The Report:
- To review and detail the traditional UV lamp business and its current transition to UV LED technology
- To provide a thorough analysis of each UV lamp application (UVA/UVB/UVC), with a specific focus on UVA curing, UVC disinfection and purification, and analytical instruments, and what's needed for UV LEDs to access these applications
- To provide, for each application, volume and market size metrics for both UV lamps and UV LEDs
- To review the global UV LED industry from substrate to system and provide insights into the modification of the value and supply chain consequent to the penetration of this disruptive technology
- To review the current status of UV LED manufacturing from substrate to package and analyze the future performance roadmap
- To analyze new UV LED applications based on their added value compared to traditional technologies
Key Topics Covered:
1. Report objectives
2. Executive summary
3. Traditional UV lamp business
4. UV lamp vs. UV LED
5. UV LED market
6. UVA / UVB applications
7. UVC applications
8. New UV LED applications
9. UV LED industry
10. UV LED manufacturing
11. General conclusion
Companies Mentioned - 30 of the 150+ companies featured in this extensive report
- Air Oasis
- Alpha One
- Alpha Cure
- Aller Air
- Allux Medical
- American Air & Water
- AMS systems
- Asahi Kasei
- Atlantic UV
- Bright LED Optoelectronic
- Comtech Research
- Crystal IS
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/73zgnt/uv_led