SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ:AMZN)—Prime Music is celebrating one year of connecting Prime members with the music they love to listen to, with over one million songs, more than one thousand Prime Playlists and hundreds of Prime Stations available to US Prime members at no additional cost to their membership. After just one year, Prime Music has already become one of the top streaming music services in the US, with several million Prime members listening to Prime Music each month. Prime Music is an ad-free listening experience; Prime members can even download their favorite music to their mobile devices for anytime, anywhere listening, regardless of connection. To celebrate Prime Music turning one, check out the best and most popular playlists, stations and albums here: www.amazon.com/PrimeMusicBirthday
“We’re excited to celebrate the first year of Prime Music! Whether it’s continuous listening on Prime Stations, discovering Prime Playlists for every mood or choosing albums from both established and up-and-coming artists, our Prime members love having music as a part of their membership,” stated Steve Boom, VP of Digital Music for Amazon. “And we’re just getting started—we are always listening to our Prime members and will continue to enhance Prime Music to make it the best music streaming service for them.”
A Year in Prime Music
- Several million Prime members listen to Prime Music every month, more than doubling since September 2014
- Total monthly Prime Music playback hours have more than tripled since September 2014
- There are more than one thousand Prime Playlists, more than triple the number available this time last year—listeners can enjoy up to 50 tracks in each playlist which are curated by Amazon Music Experts and categorized based on mood and activity such as “Happy & Upbeat,” “Work, Study & Reading,” “Party & Entertainment,” “BBQ Playlists” or “Workout” or by artist, decade, top songs, and more
- Hundreds of Prime Stations have been added to Prime Music, giving listeners an ad-free internet radio service—the continuous stream of music can be paused, replayed, or skipped without any restriction
- Pop and Rock reign supreme as the top genres in Prime Music. Prime members also listen to nearly 50% more Country, 600% more Jazz and 1500% more Classical than the national average for streaming services1
- The current most-listened to song: “Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon
- The most-listened to album during its first week in Prime Music: Mumford & Sons—Wilder Mind
- The most-listened to artists in “The Next,” Amazon’s program for developing artists: Big Data, Courtney Barnett and The Lone Bellow
- Prime members love lyrics. X-Ray Lyrics lets Prime Music customers seamlessly follow along to lyrics onscreen while songs are playing—“Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars is one of the top tracks for X-Ray Lyrics
- Amazon unveiled its first-ever playlist of original recordings called “All Is Bright” in time for the 2014 holiday season—the holiday-themed compilation of more than 40 tracks had millions of streams in December
- New release albums: Prime members have enjoyed listening to new release albums including Mumford & Sons—Wilder Mind, Meghan Trainor—Title, Mark Ronson—Uptown Special, Blake Shelton—Bringing Back the Sunshine, Kidz Bop Kids—Kidz Bop 28, Ella Henderson—Chapter One, Kelly Clarkson—Piece By Piece, Dawes—All Your Favorite Bands, AWOLNATION—Run, Lord Huron—Strange Trails, Modest Mouse—Strangers to Ourselves, Courtney Barnett—Sometimes I Sit and Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit, Blur—The Magic Whip and many, many more
- Amazon Studios music: Exclusive music from Amazon Original Series including a newly recorded version of “Stand By Me” by Andrew Bird for Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street and an exclusive playlist of music from the Golden Globe-winning series, Transparent are on Prime Music
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
About Amazon Music
Prime members in the U.S. can listen to more than one million songs, over a thousand Prime Playlists and hundreds of Prime Stations available on Prime Music at no additional cost to their membership. Prime Music can be accessed through the Amazon Music app on Fire devices, Amazon Echo, iPads, iPhones, Android devices, laptops or online at www.primemusic.com, with tracks available to download for anytime, anywhere listening. Eligible customers who are not already Prime members can try Prime Music with a 30-day free trial by visiting www.amazon.com/prime.
Prime members and customers also have access to tens of millions of tracks to purchase and download in MP3 format in the Amazon Music store www.amazon.com/digitalmusic and can enjoy exclusive performances and artists interviews by visiting Amazon Front Row www.amazon.com/frontrow.
1 Nielsen BDS Radio Report 4/19/2015