BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sam’s Club® wants to save its members more than money. As the only warehouse retailer in the U.S. to provide a pick up option, Sam’s Club has dramatically improved its Club Pickup service with new features that help save its members valuable time.
Club Pickup, formerly known as “Click ‘n Pull,” allows members to order thousands of items from paper towels to fresh produce to printer ink and have them ready for pick up at all U.S. Sam’s Club locations at no additional cost.
With Club Pickup, members can now build and save shopping lists online for easy reordering. With this option, convenience store owners, for example, can now refill their weekly order with a single push of a button. Also available in some clubs, a new mobile check in pilot allows members to use their mobile app to notify their Sam’s Club when they arrive to pick up their order.
Two groups who stand to benefit the most are families and business owners, as 71 percent1 shop weekly for essentials and the average shopping trip can take nearly an hour.2 With Club Pickup, parents and business owners can eliminate the time it takes to collect their items and still keep their home or business well stocked.
“With Club Pickup, every member has the opportunity to choose when, where and how they shop for savings at Sam’s Club. It’s a convenience that can add a significant amount of time back into a member’s day,” said Rosalind Brewer, president and CEO of Sam’s Club. “We know this service can make a big impact on every member’s time, and believe our busiest members will benefit the most, like parents and small business owners who have limited time and the most recurring needs.”
The process is simple. Members order what they want on their Sam’s Club app or online at SamsClub.com, choose the club where they want to pick up their order and their preferred pick up time, and a Sam’s Club associate will have the member’s order waiting for them as early as the next day. Members are alerted by email or text message that their order is ready, further minimizing wait time.
All members can take advantage of the new and improved features of the Club Pickup service to save more time:
Enhanced convenience and ease-of-use:
- new Club Pickup kiosks for check in at every Sam’s Club
- the option to build and save shopping lists for instant reorders
- text message alerts when an order is ready
- improved site performance and navigation
- relevant substitute options provided for out-of-stock or no-longer-carried products
- rolling out this year in all clubs, the ability to pre-pay online and the option to assign a designated individual to pick up the order at the club on behalf of the member, especially convenient for business members or busy families
- Seamless pick up: New technology to improve order accuracy and the ability to check in for pick up from any mobile device, anywhere, with our new mobile check in option that is being piloted in some clubs.
- A breadth of products: The service currently allows orders from fresh produce to paper goods to diapers, with plans to roll out additional categories throughout the year, including fresh meat, fresh bakery and adult beverages.
- Extended availability: Now members can place orders online until midnight (local time) and pick their order up as soon as the next day in clubs. Club Pickup is available seven days per week during club operating hours, and members can select their preferred pick up time.
Club Pickup is the latest addition to a robust suite of Sam’s Club member-exclusive services that includes Health & Wellness, Tire & Battery, Sam’s Club Travel, and Cash Rewards benefits, as well as nine online business services for critical needs ranging from identity protection to tax preparation.
To learn more about services and solutions for business and personal needs, visit SamsClub.com/services.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club®, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products, savings and services to millions of members in 651 clubs in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. To learn more about Sam’s Club, visit the Sam’s Club Newsroom, shop at SamsClub.com, and interact with Sam’s Club on Twitter and Facebook.
1 The Futures Company, 2014
2 Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2013