EUREKA, Mo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, announces the debut of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. Named by USA Today as one of the most anticipated new rides of the year, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis promises to take the industry by storm and have park guests clamoring for the chance to team up with the world’s most famous Super Heroes in a multi-sensory, first-of-its-kind dark ride adventure.
“We are always looking for innovative, one-of-a-kind experiences to bring our guests,” said Park President Dave Roemer. “By teaming up with the popular DC Comics characters and using the newest technology on the JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis attraction, we are able to deliver unmatched, interactive thrills. The special effects, gaming and 3D imagery will have guests fully engaged in this dark ride adventure that is second to none.”
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis offers guests the ultimate dark ride experience by combining the following elements:
- Guests step into a comic book-inspired adventure when they team up with SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, GREEN LANTERN and THE FLASH after accepting the challenge to outwit and foil Lex Luthor and The Joker’s plans to destroy the city of Metropolis.
- Riders travel in sleek six-passenger custom-designed, multi-degrees-of-freedom vehicles each armed with a stun blaster. The motion-based cars will twist, tilt and spin while going through hairpin, 360-degree turns and the world’s first-ever virtual loops on a dark ride, all synched to the action on the screens.
- The ride combines fully immersive 3D computer imagery and graphics along with full-sensory special effects of fire and explosions to engage guests in complete 4D experience.
- The ride uses real-time gaming allowing the characters and elements to react with the 600 virtual and tangible targets featured throughout the attraction, including a life-like villain animatronic, robotic henchmen, helicopters, a hologram and an interactive fog screen.
- Riders’ favorite DC Comics Super Heroes can be seen on 18 screens, including 5 17’ x 30’ interactive 3D screens, throughout the ride. The interaction system is designed to allow an unlimited amount of targets to be displayed during the on-screen shooting sequence.
Six Flags, the largest regional theme park company in the world, collaborated with the most innovative minds in the industry to bring this thrilling attraction to life. Sally Corporation, the industry leader in dark rides, designed the complete experience including story development, scenery and life-like animatronics that guests encounter throughout the ride. Pure Imagination, the gurus of Computer Generated Imagery, created the 3D graphics and film. Alterface, renowned for their work in site-based interactive game play, headed up the robust gaming elements and Oceaneering designed the first-of-its-kind, fully programmable, multi-degree-of-freedom vehicles that transport guests through all the exciting twists and turns.
Visit sixflags.com/stlouis for more information, including park operating hours.
JUSTICE LEAGUE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of
and © DC Comics.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.