BRENTWOOD, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Lifestyle Intervention Conference has announced its lineup of keynote presenters for the fifth annual event hosted October 5-7, 2015 at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas.
The conference focuses on addiction treatment and recovery, with four focus areas: Advanced Intervention, Love Sex & Relationships, Employee Assistance Professionals and Food Disorders. Sessions offer advanced training for professionals to help them quickly and effectively recognize, intervene, diagnose and treat those who need help.
The conference was founded in 2011 with the goal of building a strong community and network of resources among professionals who serve those struggling with addiction. This year’s keynote speakers include:
- Patrick Carnes is the executive director of the Gentle Path program at The Meadows in Wickenburg, Ariz. He also is the primary architect of the Gentle Path treatment programs for the treatment of sexual and multiple addictive disorders. Dr. Carnes pioneered the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals, which specializes in the Certified Sex Addiction Therapist program.
- Jeff Christie serves as Manager of the Employee Assistance Program for the JPS Health Network in Fort Worth, Texas. For the past 34 years he has worked in the fields of family therapy, chemical dependency treatment, and employee assistance programs. Prior to joining the JPS Health Network, Mr. Christie served in the employee assistance programs of Halliburton, Conoco, Pennzoil, and those of a large external EAP vendor.
- Ralph Carson is the Executive Director of FitRx in Brentwood, Tenn., and consultant to Pine Grove Women’s Center in Hattiesburg, Miss. He is on the board of the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP) and Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA). He has 40 years of experience and also authored the self-improvement book, “The Brain Fix.”
- Brian Cuban is an author whose best-selling book, “Shattered Image: My Triumph Over Body Dysmorphic Disorder,” chronicles his first-hand experiences living with, and recovering from, twenty-seven years of eating disorders, alcoholism, drug addiction and Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD).
- Darren Kavinoky is the creator and host of the TV show, Deadly Sins, which airs on Investigation Discovery. He is also an expert legal analyst, “misbehavior” expert, and host of HLN’s After Dark, as well as a frequent guest on shows like In Session, Entertainment Tonight, Dr. Drew, Dr. Phil, Today and other TV and radio shows.
- Raymond Mis is the Associate Clinical Prof. of Medicine at the New England College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is a Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Internists and proud member of a 12-step recovery program. Despite being legally blind and hearing impaired, he was named to Best Doctors in America in 2009.
- Andrew Walen is the founder and Executive Director of The Body Image Therapy Center in Columbia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. He is a psychotherapist specializing in eating disorders, substance abuse, body image, anxiety and depression, self-harm, and self-esteem. Mr. Walen currently serves as VP of the executive board for the National Association for Males with Eating Disorders (NAMED).
The conference attracts a national audience of professional counselors, interventionists, marriage and family therapists, dieticians, social workers, case managers, clinicians, nutritionists, psychologists, employee assistance professionals, addiction counselors, eating disorder specialists and facility executives. Many professional organizations offer continuing education units (CEUs) for attendees.
Early registration runs through August 28, 2015. The registration fee covers all CEU sessions, in addition to breakfast and two coffee breaks per day. Use code LIC5PR to save 20%. Student and senior discounts are also available.
To register or find out more information, please visit http://www.lifestyleintervention.org/ or call 800-508-1489.
About The Lifestyle Intervention Conference
The Lifestyle Intervention Conference has become the premier event for the world’s top health, wellness and process addiction leaders. Created with the intention of building a network of resources within the community of providers who serve those struggling with obesity, food addiction and now including a focus on process addictions, The Lifestyle Intervention Conference continues to be the most critical, industry-changing event to impact the health, fitness and wellness communities in decades.