PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Avnet Technology Solutions, the global IT solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today announced that seven of its U.S.-based executives have been named among The Channel Company’s prestigious 2015 CRN® Women of the Channel. The annual list honors outstanding female executives across vendor channel organizations, distributors, solution providers and other women prominently involved in the IT channel ecosystem for their successes and the far-reaching impact they will have on the technology industry going forward.
CRN also selected Christy Anderson, vice president of operations for Avnet Technology Solutions, as a Power 100 Woman of the Channel. An elite subset of the Women of the Channel list, the Power 100 designation is awarded to the highest-ranking women who exemplify the most sought-after leadership traits in their respective positions. These women have made a name for themselves as leaders within their own companies and the IT channel as a whole. Anderson was honored for driving initiatives with Avnet’s suppliers that improved predictability, reliability and cycle times for its channel partners.
Additional Avnet Technology Solutions executives recognized as CRN Women of the Channel were:
- Deanne Bergevin, director, Customer Experience Leaders, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas – Bergevin helped develop and launch a pilot program for Avnet partners called the Customer Experience Leaders, which enhanced multi-brand sales and operational support for partners to drive business opportunities. Based on the success of the pilot program, the project was moved from pilot phase to implementation, and Bergevin was asked to lead the team.
- Alison Challman, vice president, marketing and brand strategy, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas, HP Solutions group – Challman was selected for leading the go-to-market strategy for Avnet-integrated HP Converged Systems, strengthening Avnet’s advantage as the first distributor certified to configure, integrate and deploy the HP CS700. This enabled Avnet’s channel partners to accelerate Converged System sales, offering their customers faster delivery and more choices.
- Nicole Enright, vice president, corporate human resources, Avnet, Inc. – Enright, in her most recent position as vice president, marketing and strategy acceleration for Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas, focused heavily on long-term integrated marketing campaigns designed to drive demand for Avnet suppliers’ technologies and its partners’ capabilities.
- Cheryl Neal, vice president, supplier business management, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas – Neal worked closely with Avnet suppliers to negotiate and recommend better-aligned channel programs to support Avnet partners’ businesses and maximize their resources. In support of this, Neal and her team created integrated programs and leveraged Avnet’s expert resources to provide partners with a white-glove and streamlined approach to obtaining their technical certifications.
- Molly Sherwood, director, marketing, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas – Sherwood and her team implemented a new revenue marketing methodology, which included a marketing automation engine that improves business intelligence and communications.
- Jessica Yeck, vice president, solutions sales, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas, HP Solutions group – Yeck was instrumental in growing Avnet’s channel business and leading the efforts to enable Avnet to integrate, deliver, install and implement converged infrastructure solutions on behalf of HP. This capability enables Avnet partners to deliver these complex solutions at a faster speed, allowing them and their customers to realize time to value at a much quicker rate.
“Christy, Deanne, Alison, Nicole, Cheryl, Molly and Jessica exemplify our dedication to working closely together with our partners and suppliers to grow their businesses profitably,” said Jeff Bawol, president, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas. “All seven of these professionals helped our channel community capitalize on high-growth opportunities and navigate the rapidly evolving technology market. We are proud of their well-deserved industry recognition from CRN, and it highlights the positive impact these executives have had in positioning Avnet, our partners and our suppliers for long-term success.”
“These executives have made a lasting mark on the industry, expanding the breadth of influence in the technology channel,” said Robert Faletra, CEO, The Channel Company. “We congratulate the Women of the Channel and celebrate their innovative contributions and commitment to the IT channel community.”
The Women of the Channel will be featured in the June issue of CRN magazine and online at www.crn.com.
Connect with Avnet Technology Solutions on LinkedIn: Avnet Technology Solutions.
All brands and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks, and are the properties of their respective owners. Avnet disclaims any proprietary interest in marks other than its own.
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company, with established brands including CRN®, XChange® Events, IPED® and SharedVue®, is the channel community's trusted authority for growth and innovation. For more than three decades, we have leveraged our proven and leading-edge platforms to deliver prescriptive sales and marketing solutions for the technology channel. The Channel Company provides Communication, Recruitment, Engagement, Enablement, Demand Generation and Intelligence services to drive technology partnerships. Learn more at www.thechannelcompany.com.
About Avnet Technology Solutions
As a global IT solutions distributor, Avnet Technology Solutions transforms technology into business solutions for customers around the world. It collaborates with customers and suppliers to create and deliver services, software and hardware solutions that address the changing needs of end-user customers. The group serves customers and suppliers in North America, Latin America and Caribbean, Asia Pacific, and Europe, Middle East and Africa. It generated US $11.0 billion in annual revenue for fiscal year 2014. Avnet Technology Solutions is an operating group of Avnet, Inc. For more information, visit ats.avnet.com.
About Avnet, Inc.
Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. Avnet accelerates its partners' success by connecting the world's leading technology suppliers with a broad base of customers by providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 28, 2014, Avnet generated revenue of $27.5 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com.