SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SpiderCloud Wireless, Inc., the leading provider of scalable small cell Enterprise Radio Access Networks (E-RAN) to mobile operators, will showcase enterprise services collaboration at the annual Small Cells World Summit taking place June 9-11 in London, United Kingdom.
SpiderCloud and Cisco are highlighting Unified Communications and Smart Building services collaboration at the Small Cells World Summit. An on-premises controller, that includes a services module, can enable managed cloud and application services such as location and context-aware, security policy enforcement and UC services on a scalable small cell system.
"Enterprises recognize the strategic importance of mobile communications as a tool for business agility and efficiency, but simple in-building coverage and capacity fixes may not be sufficient,” said Ken Rehbehn, Principal Analyst, 451 Research Mobility Team. "By augmenting in-building small cell mobile services with flexible mobile edge computing capabilities, enterprises gain a potent toolkit to get the most value out of Smart Building and Unified Communications applications."
At the Small Cells World Summit, SpiderCloud and partners will showcase how:
- Beyond scalable coverage and capacity, the system becomes a services platform for UC and smart building services, and provides analytics to provide operational insights or to monetize customer experiences. With the Services Node, the device IMSI can be paired to the enterprise active directory for authentication, as well as provide broadcast alerts within the LAN where the controller is deployed.
- Smart building operations benefit from mobile devices to improve zone heating and air-conditioning usage by monitoring the number of mobile devices and location within the building or campus.
- The Services Node can improve building security access by using mobile devices as secondary identification and verification to building badge access. The small cell system can also enable location and context aware services, and execute building-wide alerts to all mobile devices connected to the LAN.
- Compliance services can be enabled with policy filtering using the Services Node and small cells where the SN identifies and prevents mobile LAN network access to non-compliant web sites.
- The Services Node can improve network security by blocking malicious packets sent by a mobile device within the LAN, and protect a device from malicious packets sent by a server on the Internet.
Earlier this year, Cisco and SpiderCloud announced a strategic collaboration that allowed Cisco to resell SpiderCloud's entire small cell portfolio under the USC 8000 Series brand. The Cisco USC 8000 Series access points are available as standalone units, or as plug-in modules for the installed base of Cisco Aironet 3600/3700 Wi-Fi access points, using SpiderCloud’s technology. USC 8000 is available from Cisco and its channel partners.
SpiderCloud’s scalable small cell system provides real-time coordination and distributed SON capability up to 100 dual-band 3G+4G or 4G+4G access points (up to 200 sectors of capacity), enough to effectively offer reliable managed services for buildings and offices up to 1.5 million square feet.
SpiderCloud Wireless's scalable small cell system and technologies have been adopted by América Móvil/Telcel, Avea, Verizon, Vodafone UK and Netherlands and Warid Telecom, among others.
Meet SpiderCloud Wireless at these upcoming events:
Small Cells World Summit, June 9-11 in London, United Kingdom
The Small Cell Forum (smallcellforum.org)
has nominated SpiderCloud Wireless for three small cell awards at
the upcoming awards dinner taking place June 10 in London:
- Excellence in Commercial Deployment (Enterprise)
- Small Cell Access Point Design and Technology
- Small Cell Tool Design and Technology
- The Small Cell Forum (smallcellforum.org) has nominated SpiderCloud Wireless for three small cell awards at the upcoming awards dinner taking place June 10 in London:
- LTE World Summit, June 23-25 in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Small Cells India, July 10 in Mumbai, India
About SpiderCloud Wireless
SpiderCloud Wireless has developed a breakthrough and scalable small cell system that allows mobile operators to deliver unprecedented cellular coverage, capacity and smart applications to enterprises. SpiderCloud Wireless is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company that is based in San Jose, California and is backed by investors Charles River Ventures, Matrix Partners, Opus Capital and Shasta Ventures. For more information visit www.spidercloud.com and follow SpiderCloud on Twitter http://twitter.com/spidercloud_inc
SpiderCloud Wireless is a registered trademark and SmartCloud a trademark of SpiderCloud Wireless, Inc. © 2015 SpiderCloud Wireless, Inc.