ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), the leading global source of information and insight, today announced that seven companies have been selected to receive 2015 IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards. This prominent industry award program spotlights organizations and individuals around the world who have successfully used advanced information, analytics and expertise to make better decisions and achieve their business goals.
“Today, organizations are inundated by data. The challenge they face is how to ensure that decision makers have the right information, understand what it means and can use it effectively,” said Scott Key, president and chief executive officer of IHS. “We congratulate our award winners for showing how to turn that challenge into an opportunity for transformative change – and we look forward to continuing our support of their work in the future.”
The new 2015 IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Award honorees represent a variety of industry sectors including aerospace and defense, automotive, energy and electronics. The winners are:
- Airbus – This premier aircraft manufacturer produced Flying on Demand, Global Market Forecast 2014-2033, a reference book that provides comprehensive economic, financial and political coverage of 200-plus countries. Stakeholders throughout the commercial airline industry rely on the book’s insights regarding product innovation, production and planning.
- Airbus Defence and Space – To expand its international business, global market forecasters for Europe’s top defense and space enterprise strengthened planning for prioritized countries, supported decisions to refocus resources, highlighted new opportunities that were not in operational plans, and developed formulas to generate updates/analyses within just one day.
- Airbus Defence and Space – The research and development team that drives technology innovation accelerated research by up to 30 percent by enabling about 100 researchers to shift from using numerous systems to relying on one primary tool. The team was also able to mitigate the risk of lost intellectual property and potential revenues when collaborating with partners.
- Autobytel – This online automotive leader established a comprehensive program to analyze aggregated statistical sales results. Its analysts confirmed that consumers submitting leads through the company’s network accounted for 4.35 percent of all U.S. new vehicle in 2014 and that its leads close at three times the industry average.
- Baker Hughes – One of the world’s largest oilfield service providers enhanced the forecasting accuracy of its oil rig count model from 90 to 97.6 percent, predicted the impact of price changes on customer spending and demand for product lines (by leveraging 3,500 factors) and created a model that predicted the deflation of WTI crude oil prices in late 2014.
- IEC Electronics – As a leader in electronic manufacturing services, this U.S.-based company achieved strong ROI by enabling one staffer to do the work of five employees, streamlined work processes across six departments, reduced turnaround on RFP deliverables from as much as two weeks to 72 hours and enabled customers to plan for product end-of-life issues.
- Texas Instruments – One of the world’s premier semiconductor companies increased the number of cross references in its parts database from 100,000 to nearly 2 million. In doing so, the company boosted results of its parts with the lowest searches by 52 percent and helped its customers find alternatives for obsolete parts so they can avoid the need to redesign products.
To read the full case studies for these new award winners, as well as dozens of other industry leaders who have been honored in the past, visit www.IHS.com/SPECTRUM-Awards.
“We would like to thank all of our 2015 award winners for sharing their remarkable stories,” said KC Chartrand, chair of the IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Award Committee. “They have further demonstrated their industry leadership by allowing us all to learn from their experiences.”
The IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Awards are part of the IHS Customer Recognition Program. For more information, please contact IHS-SPECTRUM-Excellence-Awards@ihs.com.
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs more than 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.