BEIJING--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Memblaze Technology Co., Ltd. today launched its next-generation PBlaze4 PCIe Solid-State Drive (SSD) Series with comprehensive support for the NVMe 1.1 standard and PCIe 3.0 interface. Combining Memblaze’s core algorithm and a new architecture design, the PBlaze4 PCIe SSD is a high-performance and high-reliability solid-state solution for hyperscale data centers and enterprise clients.
The advent of the big data era is driving the need for enterprise-class SSDs. According to IDC, as of 2017 the total available market for enterprise-class SSDs will climb to USD1.6 billion, where the attach-rate of cloud data centers will be more than 90 percent. PCIe will gradually overtake SATA/SAS as the main SSD interface. IDC predicts that by 2017, the PCIe interface will account for 53 percent of the entire market.
“In 2014, Memblaze held 60 percent share of enterprise-class PCIe SSD market segment in China, deploying up to 6PB of capacity,” said Mr. Yin Xuebing, CEO of Memblaze. “Since Memblaze was established, its solid-state storage solutions have been deployed by 50 of China’s top ultra-large-scale Internet corporations, including Baidu, QIHU, youku and Tencent, laying a firm foundation for Memblaze and its partners to jointly create a strong NVMe ecosystem. NVMe is gradually maturing with support from leading operating systems and server manufacturers. The PCIe SSD market has also come to the transition point, from being predominantly deployed in the hyperscale market to broad deployment throughout the industry. The PBlaze4 launch comes at the perfect time. In the future, Memblaze will design customized solutions for scenarios such as database, virtualization and CDN.”
The PBlaze4 700 Series has various versions ranging from 800GB to 3.2TB capacity, each available in both 2.5” form factor and add-in card. The C900 is a full-height, half-length add-in card with 6.4TB (8TB of raw capacity). PBlaze4 PCIe SSD performance reaches 4.0GB/s for read bandwidth and 2.5GB/s for write bandwidth, and 800K IOPS for random read and 250K IOPS for random write.
The new PBlaze4 Series is based on PMC’s Flashtec™ NVMe Controllers, which provide ultra-low latency and the lowest CPU load in the industry.
“PMC is honored to partner with Memblaze to provide the most advanced SSDs to the China market,” said Derek Dicker, Vice President of the Performance Solutions Group at PMC. “PMC’s Flashtec NVMe Controllers deliver the world’s highest SSD performance and capacity, as well as a flexible architecture that has allowed Memblaze to bring a full suite of performance and form factor options to market.”
With the PBlaze4 launch, Memblaze’s core technologies are also fully upgraded to version 2.0, including MemSpeed 2.0 and MemSolid 2.0 core technology systems. MemSpeed2.0 contains multiple core technologies, such as high-performance FTL, write cache, hardware multi-Q, multi-core and Adaptive Smooth Technology to ensure the maximum release of flash performance edges; MemSolid2.0 contains data protection technologies such, as strong BCH ECC, Enhanced Power Failure Protection, RAIN, Randomize, pSLC and Fast Recovery to guarantee the high reliability and high availability.
Next-generation PBlaze4 PCIe SSD advantages include:
- Comprehensive support for the NVMe standard. NVMe is the interface standard specifically designed for PCIe SSDs. As all new versions of main operating systems, such as Windows, Linux and VMware, support NVMe and have native driver, users can directly use PBlaze4 without installing private driver. Alternatively, if the motherboard supports the UEFI protocol, PBlaze4 can be used as boot driver.
- High performance and performance consistency. Firstly, NVMe supports multiple queues and higher queue depth, effectively reducing the contention of multiple cores on the host side and reaching the CPU performance edges. On the device side, PBlaze4 adopts Hardware Multi-Q technology to align with the performance growth of the host side, further improving SSD performance; secondly, the PBlaze4 device strengthens concurrent processing capabilities via Multi-core Computing; finally, PBlaze4 can effectively resolve I/O congestion problems by controlling the NAND’s internal dispatching mechanism for information flow, ensuring performance consistency.
- All-around data protection schemes to guarantee high reliability. Firstly, enhanced BCH error correction code, data re-read technology and RAID mechanism among LUN are utilized for data error correction and recovery; secondly, pSLC mode with longer life span and lower error rate is used to store and protect metadata; thirdly, power failure protection can ensure data consistency in case of abnormal power failure; finally, as global FTL wears more evenly, PBlaze4 service life is further extended.
- The PBlaze4 D700 series are all of 2.5” form factor and support hot plug and removal, significantly easing system maintenance.
- New Out-of-Band management function. Through SMBUS interface, users can view information such as manufacturer ID, temperature and SMART of PBlaze4.
- Supports NVMe1.1; Native driver for all main operating systems, enabling users to use PCIe SSDs without installing a driver. With motherboard support for UEFI protocol, PBlaze4 can be used directly as a boot driver.
- The two inclusive core technical systems: MemSpeed and MemSolid, comprehensively improve PCIe SSD performance and guarantee high reliability and high QoS. PBlaze4 random read and write (4k) performances are up to 800K/250K IOPS, read and write bandwidths are increased to 4.0GB/s and 2.5GB/s, and latency is lowered to 20μs.
- Adopts enhanced BCH error correction technology, improving error correction capability to 100bits/4KB; Optimized RAID algorithm across NAND, ensuring UBER is less than 10e -17.
- The 700 Series has various versions ranging from 800GB to 3.2TB capacity, each available in both 2.5” form factor and add-in card. The C900 is a full-height, half-length mass add-in card with 6.4TB (8TB raw capacity).
The PBlaze4 Series of PCIe SSDs is available now via Memblaze sales representatives and acting partners. For complete product information, please visit: http://www.memblaze.com.
The mission of Memblaze is to make data processing faster and smarter. Traditional storage devices are struggling to adapt to the demand for high-speed data processing. Memblaze is committed to tackling this challenge by offering high-performance solid flash storage products and solutions.