PARIS & HERNDON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF network planning, service assurance and network optimization software solutions, will co-present with Oracle the proof-of-concept Catalyst project, “Zero Touch Network-as-a-Service: Agile, Assured and Orchestrated with NFV,” at TM Forum Live!, taking place June 1-4 in Nice, France. Catalyst participants also include Juniper with project champions Axtel, Charter Communications’ Spectrum Business, MEF and PCCW Global. This project will demonstrate how communications service providers (CSPs) can achieve end-to-end network-as-a-service (NaaS) delivery that is fully automated and assured.
The Catalyst project combines TM Forum and MEF standards to enable zero-touch orchestration and assurance for a complex Carrier Ethernet service. This Catalyst aligns TM Forum’s ZOOM program and MEF’s Third Network vision for NaaS. InfoVista, specifically, is working within the Catalyst team to provide NaaS assurance, enabled with real-time customer care and performance management reporting of the service from end-to-end. The project will also showcase a blueprint for full NaaS orchestration, helping CSPs achieve business agility as well as radically simplify the user experience.
- “InfoVista has been heavily involved in the NaaS concepts put forward by MEF and was co-author of the organization’s Third Network Vision / Strategy Paper,” said Sylvain Quartier, SVP, product management & markets, InfoVista. “This Catalyst builds on that work by pulling in new viewpoints and learnings from the diverse memberships of MEF and TM Forum, as well direction from three leading global CSPs. Ultimately, this Catalyst will enable CSPs to transition to NaaS with dynamically synchronized OSS components.”
- “The purpose of TM Forum is to bring together industry leaders from around the world to solve the many obstacles faced by operators today,” said Ken Dilbeck, VP, collaboration, TM Forum. “We are thrilled to see that collaboration go beyond our membership to include other standards bodies in the digital services industry like MEF. This project is sure to offer tangible learnings for global operators deploying, orchestrating and managing virtualized services, building on our members’ work over the last 18 months to establish NFV/SDN best practices.”
- “InfoVista has been very involved in championing our Third Network vision, and has contributed substantially to the underlying work within MEF to make that vision a reality,” said Kevin Vachon, chief operating officer, MEF. “We look forward to continued work with InfoVista in this Catalyst project, and beyond, to enable a new class of dynamic, assured and orchestrated services for CSPs to offer their business customers.”
- TM Forum’s Catalyst initiative encourages digital and CSPs, and other ecosystem players, to develop innovative solutions to address specific industry problems and needs. Every six months, new Catalyst projects are developed, culminating in live proof-of-concept showcases at TM Forum events such as TM Forum Live!.
- This Catalyst project is based on a successful NaaS proof of concept performed by InfoVista and Oracle at MEF’s GEN14 event in November 2014. The previous proof of concept, “Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Network-as-a-Service Orchestrated and Assured," demonstrated how CSPs can include service orchestration, automated provisioning and other new services defined by SDN/NFV within their NaaS packages.
- Read a blog post about InfoVista’s work with MEF to establish NaaS orchestration and service assurance best practices.
- Download a whitepaper produced by InfoVista and Heavy Reading that outlines the necessary steps for CSPs to successfully transition to NFV / SDN.
- Schedule a meeting with InfoVista at TM Forum Live! 2015, or visit the company at booth #55.
- Listen to a webinar with executives from InfoVista and TM Forum about how NFV and SDN are being introduced into traditional service assurance practices.
- Find out how InfoVista is helping CSPs, mobile operators and enterprises around the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
InfoVista, TM Forum Live, TM Forum, Catalyst, MEF, Third Network, network-as-a-service, NaaS, service assurance, network performance management, communications service providers, CSP, Oracle, Axtel, Charter Communications, Spectrum Business, Juniper, PCCW Global, NFV, SDN, LSO
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 550 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.