DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zkj22q/construction_in) has announced the addition of the "Construction in Myanmar - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019" report to their offering.
Myanmar's construction industry will continue to grow at a relatively fast pace compared to other emerging markets over the forecast period (2015-2019). The positive outlook for the construction industry is supported by the expanding economy, increased government investment in public infrastructure, and the rising interest of domestic and foreign real estate developers in constructing residential units to meet the population's housing demand. In real terms, the industry's output value recorded a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% during the review period (2010-2014), and is expected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 6.0%.
- Yangon, the former capital and largest city of Myanmar, is the most important commercial center in the country. However, the city's infrastructure is underdeveloped compared to other cities in the South East Asia region. As the regional population is growing, the government is attempting to modernize, improve and expand the infrastructure in the city. According to Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC), the government is helping developers by easing regulations and is more readily approving plans for the high-rise buildings. For the fiscal year 2014-2015 (which runs from April to March), the government approved 7,000 new construction permits.
- In a bid to boost affordable housing for low-income workers such as civil servants, the Department of Human Settlement and Housing Development in Myanmar allocated MMK100.0 billion (US$97.0 million) for the construction of 10 affordable housing projects in the Yangon region for the fiscal year 2015-2016.
- With the aim of achieving a target of universal electricity access by 2030, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) launched an ambitious plan to increase reliability and accessibility to electricity services for industrial, commercial, and residential consumers. To support the government, the ADB assisted the expansion, improvement and management of the energy system in Myanmar.
- Under the Myanmar transport plan (2012-2016), a series of infrastructure projects will be launched to provide a better-managed and modern transport system. To support this plan, ADB will direct 97.0% of funds towards the development of the country's road infrastructure and the remaining 3.0% towards transport sector reforms and policies.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Industry Outlook
3 Key Issues And Developments
4 Market Data Analysis
5 Company Profile: Ah Yone Oo (Dawn) Construction Co., Ltd
6 Company Profile: A1 Construction Co., Ltd
7 Company Profile: Max Myanmar Construction Co., Ltd
8 Company Profile: Yadanar Myaing Construction Co., Ltd
9 Company Profile: Shwe Taung Development Co., Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zkj22q/construction_in