PASADENA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Guidance Software, (NASDAQ:GUID), the World Leader in End-Point Detection and Digital Investigations™, today announced CEIC 2015 kicks off on Monday, May 18. The annual event, now in its 11th year, is one of the largest international gatherings of global organizations and federal agencies focusing on the latest developments in cybersecurity, e-discovery and forensic investigation. CEIC 2015 will be held from May 18-21, 2015 at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas. To register, please click here. More information about CEIC is available at www.ceicconference.com.
Patrick Dennis, newly appointed chief executive officer for Guidance Software, will deliver the opening keynote on Monday afternoon, May 18th, to kick off the event. On Tuesday morning, Brian Krebs, the leading cybercrime investigative journalist, will deliver a keynote analyzing high-profile cyberattacks offering an insiders’ view on the maneuverings of cybercriminals.
Attendees will be able to select from a record-breaking 13 tracks and 137 sessions featuring the world’s foremost experts in the legal, corporate, education, law enforcement and government sectors discussing best practices, success stories, labs and practical solutions on how to identify and defend against evolving cyber threats. CEIC also features a vendor pavilion featuring premium sponsors including HP, Intel, Splunk, and Cisco / ThreatGRID.
Following is a sample of the breadth and depth of session topics and speakers:
- CISOs and the Art Of Defining And Driving Enterprise Security (Forrest Smith, Nissan North America; Lee Warren, United Technologies Corporation; Jon Allen, Baylor University; Ed Ferrara, Forrester Research)
- Network Forensic Investigations of Hacking Incidents (Ondrej Krehel, Paul Kubler, LIFARS)
- The Electronic Discovery Process: Metrics, Sampling and Standards (David Steele, Home Depot, Patrick Burke, Reed Smith, Patrick Oot, Shook Hardy & Bacon)
- Using Mobile Device Forensics for Advanced Attacks (Michael Robinson, IBM / Stevenson University)
- Mobile Apps and Social Media Used by Terrorists & OCGs (Darren Hayes, Pace University)
- Jailing Foreign Hackers and Crackers: Case Studies of the First U.S. Convictions of China-based and Other Foreign Cybercriminals (Ed McAndrew, U.S. Attorney's Office)
- Vehicle Systems Forensics (Ben LeMere, Berla)
- APT Attacks Exposed: Network, Host, Memory and Malware Analysis (Rob Lee, SANS; Anuj Soni, Booz, Allen & Hamilton; Chad Tilbury, CrowdStrike; Jake Williams, Rendition Infosec)
- Managing Business Risks in the Cloud (Anthony Di Bello, Guidance Software; Sheryl Falk, Winston & Strawn; Patrick Heim, Dropbox; Ben Robbins, LinkedIn)
- Forensic Testimony in Court (Suzanne Widup, Verizon; David Cowen, G-C Partners, LLC; Sheryl Falk, Winston & Strawn; Christopher Novak, Verizon Business; Jonathan Rajewski, Senator Patrick Leahy Center for Digital Investigation / Champlain College; Jim Vaughn, iDiscovery Solutions)
"Year after year, CEIC attendees have the opportunity to network with the brightest minds in cybersecurity and gain strategic knowledge and hands-on, practical advice about how to solve their biggest challenges," said Michael Harris, Chief Marketing Officer for Guidance Software. "Organizations must defend their sensitive data against increasingly aggressive and sophisticated attacks. There’s no better conference for honing those very specific, critical skills needed to combat today's information security challenges than CEIC.”
About Guidance Software, Inc.
Guidance Software is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in endpoint investigation solutions for security incident response and forensic analysis. Its EnCase® Enterprise platform, deployed on an estimated 25 million endpoints, is used by more than 70 percent of the Fortune 100, more than 45 percent of the Fortune 500, and numerous government agencies to conduct digital investigations of servers, laptops, desktops and mobile devices. Built on the EnCase Enterprise platform are market-leading cybersecurity, IT help desk, and electronic discovery solutions, EnCase® Endpoint Security, EnCase® Remote Recovery + and EnCase® eDiscovery. They empower organizations to conduct speedy and thorough security incident response, reveal previously hidden advanced persistent threats or malicious insider activity, recover lost files, perform sensitive data discovery for compliance purposes, and respond to litigation discovery requests. For more information about Guidance Software, visit www.guidancesoftware.com.
EnCase®, EnScript®, FastBloc®, EnCE®, EnCEP®, Guidance Software™, LinkedReview™, EnPoint™ and Tableau™ are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Guidance Software in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights referenced in this press release are the property of their respective owners.