MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A range of OpenStack solution providers will highlight Cumulus(R) Linux(R), the OS for open networking, during the OpenStack Summit in Vancouver next week. As the industry provides greater choice in the market for these solutions, Cumulus Networks provides this true Linux OS as the universal underlay for a diverse set of OpenStack architectural alternatives. Cumulus Linux enables switches to be automated, monitored and managed as generic infrastructure, which reduces costs and speeds deployment of OpenStack environments.
OpenStack ecosystem players that will highlight Cumulus Linux at the event include:
- Akanda (see May 12 press release “Akanda and Cumulus Networks Partner to Provide Simplified Virtual Networking for OpenStack”),
- Dell, demonstrating Open Networking for OpenStack deployments with a choice of overlay software partners, traditional L3 routing, or multi-chassis L2 aggregation,
- Cloudbase Solutions, with live demonstrations in their booth illustrating Cumulus Linux in an OpenStack reference architecture with Microsoft Hyper-V and Open Compute infrastructure,
- Mirantis, providing joint solution brief covering the integrated Mirantis-Cumulus Networks solution,
- PLUMgrid (see May 11 announcement “PLUMgrid And Cumulus Networks Enable Seamless Integration Of Bare Metal Workloads For OpenStack Clouds”) and
- VMware, with a demonstration of the VIO stack in the Cumulus Networks booth.
These partners join the rich set of Cumulus Networks ecosystem partners. Of note at the OpenStack Summit event:
- OpenStack distributions and services: Cloudbase with Microsoft, HP Helion, Mirantis, Red Hat and VMware VIO
- Overlays: Akanda, Midokura, OpenContrail, PLUMgrid and VMware NSX
- Bare metal switch providers sponsoring OpenStack Summit: Dell, HP and Quanta.
OpenStack Summit attendees will have additional opportunities to understand the time- and cost-saving benefits of open networking for OpenStack:
- Session “Neutron Hierarchical Port Binding: What is it? And why you should deploy it.” - featuring Akanda CTO Mark McClain and Cumulus Networks co-founder and CTO Nolan Leake
- A live demonstration of an OpenStack deployment in just 20 minutes with zero manual intervention, automated using Puppet.
- Demos and experts at the Cumulus Networks booth, T2.
Additional information here.
Details about open networking for OpenStack are available to non-attendees as well:
- Follow-up webinar June 3 “Open Networking for OpenStack” (register here.)
- OpenStack solution information on cumulusnetworks.com here.
About Cumulus Networks
Unleash the power of open networking with Cumulus Networks. Founded by veteran networking engineers from Cisco and VMware, Cumulus Networks makes the first Linux operating system for networking hardware and fills a critical gap in realizing the true promise of the software-defined data center. Just as Linux completely transformed the economics and innovation on the server side of the data center, Cumulus Linux is doing the same for the network. It is radically reducing the costs and complexities of operating modern data center networks for service providers and businesses of all sizes. Cumulus Networks has received venture funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Peter Wagner and four of the original VMware founders.
For more information visit cumulusnetworks.com or follow @cumulusnetworks.
CUMULUS, the Cumulus Logo, CUMULUS NETWORKS, and the Rocket Turtle Logo (the “Marks”) are trademarks and service marks of Cumulus Networks, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of Cumulus Networks.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark on a world-wide basis.