NEEDHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Object Management Group® (OMG)® announced today the full agenda for its special event: OMG Standards in Support of Business Communication. This event will be held on June 18th at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Berlin, Germany.
During the full day event, attendees will gain insights from thought leaders who will discuss: business policies and business rules with high-quality terminology based on open standards; case studies, standards, methodologies and tools that reduce risks caused by ambiguity, omission and inconsistency in business documents; and how to develop governance and guidance for the real world of business.
The agenda of speakers and topics includes:
- Welcome and Opening Remarks: Andrew Watson, Vice President and Technical Director, Object Management Group and John Hall, Model Systems
- Keynote presentation – Language Drives Business: Kara Warburton, Consultant in Terminology Management, Termologic and International Chair of ISO Technical Committee 37
- The Financial Industry Business Ontology: Mike Bennett, Enterprise Data Management Council (also architect of the Financial Industry Business Ontology (FIBO) standard and co-chair of the OMG Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Business Rules Task Force))
- Applying OMG Standards to Contracts and Regulations: John Hall, Model Systems
- Case Study: Financial Regulations and Compliance – A Business Perspective: Elie Abi-Lahoud, Governance, Risk and Compliance Centre, Ireland
- Tool Requirements for Semantic Analysis for Business Documents: Donald Chapin, Business Semantics (co-chair of the SBVR Task Force, developer of the SBVR tool set and a UK delegate to ISO terminology standards committees)
- Making Semantics Accessible to Business Users in the Financial Sector – Looking at Standards Through the SVBR Lens: Richard Beatch, Semantics & Metadata Architect, Bloomberg LP (lead developer of the Financial Industry Global Identifier (FIGI) standard which was developed at Bloomberg LP))
- Panel Session: Kara Warburton, Mike Bennett, Elie Abi-Lahoud, Donald Chapin, Richard Beatch
Click here to learn more and register for this all day special event. Registration for this event is $99 US. This event is co-located with the Object Management Group Technical Meeting, which runs from June 15-19.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.