FORT WASHINGTON, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--More and more Americans are packing their bags and heading south to discover why Peru and Ecuador have evolved into two of the hottest vacation spots in 2015. Full of lush landscapes, colonial cities and tribal cultures, both of these South American destinations have seen a 65 percent year-over-year increase in bookings through Gate 1 Travel, a leader in affordable escorted and independent vacations.
“We’ve experienced a significant spike in interest of our Peru and Ecuador itineraries over the last few months, most likely due to the reasonable cost of travel, with flight and hotel accommodations starting at $1,409 per person for our eight day escorted tours,” said Marty Seslow, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Gate 1 Travel. “We anticipate having more than 20,000 passengers travel to these two destinations by the end of 2015.”
Travelers to Peru and Ecuador have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the natural, jaw-dropping beauty of South America – from the scenic pacific shores, to the heights of the Andes, to the Amazon rainforest. Itineraries feature a variety of tours and activities, including:
- A journey to the Galapagos Archipelago of volcanic islands, five million years in the making.
- A hike to the Napo River in the Amazon rainforest
- A train ride through misty peaks to the astonishing ancient citadel of Machu Picchu
- A stop at the Middle of the World monument where visitors can stand with one foot in the Northern and one in the Southern Hemisphere
- A full-day tour of the city of Lima with its 2,000 years of history
- A visit to the impressive Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo
For more information about vacationing to Peru or Ecuador, visit http://www.gate1travel.com/peru-ecuador-travel/default.aspx.
Gate 1 Travel was founded in 1981 to deliver More of the World for Less — offering fully escorted land tours; sea cruises; independent rail packages; river cruises; independent fly and drive vacations; and customized international vacation packages throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and North and South America. In 2012, Gate 1 Travel launched Discovery Tours, a company focusing on small group travel. For information or to make reservations call 1-800-682-3333 or 215-572-7676.