HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Play ball! For the fifth straight summer, Mobil Super™ motor oil is headed to the mound and throwing heat with the Mobil Super “Go the Distance” Baseball Tour. Featuring the signature 40-foot Mobil Super RV and brand mascot Mobil Super Sam, the 2015 tour will round the bases and visit 23 baseball cities this summer, celebrating Mobil Super’s longstanding relationship with America’s pastime.
From North Carolina to Washington State, this year’s four-month tour will visit some of America’s great baseball cities, greeting fans at retailers, quick lube locations and ballparks. Each stop will offer fans the chance to step up to the plate and score special Mobil Super prizes and promotions, such as throwing out the evening’s ceremonial first pitch or joining Mobil Super Sam on the field between innings for some fun contests and special giveaways.
Included in the 23 scheduled appearances of the 2015 Mobil Super Baseball Tour, eight cities will serve as “super stops,” where the Tour will bring in baseball legends to join the team. The “super stops” on-deck this summer include:
- In May, the Tour will slide into Norfolk, Va. for an early season Norfolk Tides game.
- In June, the Mobil Super Tour will turn two in the Hawkeye State with stops scheduled in Davenport, Iowa to catch the Quad Cities River Bandits and Des Moines, Iowa for an Iowa Cubs sighting.
- The tour will then head south in July to Springfield, Mo. with the Springfield Cardinals before soaring into Little Rock, Ark. to take in the sights with the Arkansas Travelers.
- The Tour’s West Coast swing comes in August, with stops in San Antonio, Texas to join the San Antonio Missions and Eugene, Ore. to visit the Eugene Emeralds, before concluding in Spokane, Wa. with the Spokane Indians.
“Celebrating the passion baseball fans feel for America’s pastime and reaching our customers with exciting in-person events is what makes the Mobil Super Baseball Tour so special,” says Marci Crigger, retail marketing coordinator at ExxonMobil. “Each summer, we’ve established a tradition of enhancing the ballpark experience in baseball towns from coast to coast. We’re thrilled to bring the tour back to some of the nation’s most family-friendly ballparks.”
Baseball legends joining the 2015 Tour at select “super stops” will greet fans and team up with employees at local retail/installed locations during the day. In the evening, they will join the Mobil Super team at the ballpark, signing autographs and interacting with the fans outside the stadium prior to game time. The legend will then head inside the stadium and to the field for the pre-game ceremonies. Joining this year’s Tour will be:
Scott McGregor in Norfolk, Va. (Saturday, May 9)
- Former All-Star Scott McGregor is a member of the Baltimore Orioles Hall of Fame and earned a complete game victory to clinch the 1983 World Series.
Frank Tanana in Davenport, Iowa (Friday, June 12)
- Three-time All-Star Frank Tanana accumulated 240 victories and nearly 3,000 strikeouts during his 21 year professional career and spent a portion of his Minor League career playing with the Quad Cities River Bandits.
Lee Smith in Des Moines, Iowa (Sunday, June 28)
- Until 2006, Lee Smith held the Major League record for most career saves, tallying 478 over the course of his 18-year career. Smith also earned seven All-Star appearances.
For a full list of Mobil Super Baseball Tour stops and this year’s baseball legends, be sure to visit MobilOil.com. Additional details on the “super stops” will be announced as they draw near. Timing for each “super stop” is tentative.
About Mobil Super
Mobil Super is a comprehensive line of premium-quality motor oils expertly formulated to help extend engine life. Backed by the Mobil Super Engine Guarantee*, the Mobil Super family includes three products, allowing consumers to choose the right one for their particular needs:
- Mobil Super: A premium conventional motor oil that helps extend engine life, Mobil Super is guaranteed to deliver proven protection for up to 5,000 miles between oil changes and features extra cleaning additives. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super High Mileage: Uniquely formulated to help extend engine life in vehicles with more than 75,000 miles, this motor oil contains seal conditioners to help prevent engine leaks and reduce oil consumption. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super Synthetic: A full synthetic motor oil designed to help extend engine life, Mobil Super Synthetic oils provide outstanding engine protection in a wide variety of weather, temperatures, and driving conditions for vehicles of all ages. It outperforms our conventional and synthetic blend ending oils and is available in 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 viscosities.
* Some restrictions apply. See the guarantee for terms and conditions or call 1-800-ASK-MOBIL (275-6624).