LAKEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Terumo BCT, a global medical device manufacturing company, is seeking applications from around the world for a $10,000 grant to further the practice and positive impact of therapeutic apheresis. The Terumo BCT 2015 Advancing Apheresis Award is for clinicians, physicians and operators who are leaders in the practice of therapeutic apheresis and cell collections. The deadline for applications is 4 September 2015.
- To apply for the award or learn more about it, go to TERUMOBCT.COM/advancingapheresis
- The Terumo BCT 2015 Advancing Apheresis Award will support an initiative to further apheresis therapies through education, research, training or improvements in patient care
- One $10,000 educational grant will be given to the selected site
- The selected site will be chosen by a global, independent review committee
- Applications will be accepted from 4 May to 4 September 2015
- The selected site will be announced in October 2015
- The grant is intended for apheresis and cell collections institutions and practitioners
- How does your site demonstrate educational leadership?
- How will you promote patient comfort, care and impact?
- What are your plans for use of the grant, including budget, objectives and significance?
- How will your initiative advance apheresis?
Tom Jordan, Executive Vice President, Global Commercial Operations, Terumo BCT
“Apheresis therapies have made a powerful impact, but there’s still much more we can do to advance these treatments for the patients we and our customers ultimately serve. With that inspiration, Terumo BCT wants to support healthcare innovators with this grant. I’m excited to see what applications are submitted and how people are advancing apheresis around the world.”
About Terumo BCT:
Terumo BCT, a global leader in blood component, therapeutic apheresis and cellular technologies, is the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.