TEL AVIV, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cloudinary (www.cloudinary.com) With hundreds of thousands of videos viewed on the Web every second, developers would greatly benefit from an end-to-end solution that deals with all of their video content needs. Cloudinary, the leading cloud-based image-management solution made for developers by developers, is unveiling a whole new feature set for video.
Cloudinary already manages billions of images and simplifies the lives of more than 50,000 developers worldwide, working at companies such as Condé Nast, Outbrain, Indiegogo, Under Armour and Answers.com. The cloud-based software-as-a-service solution has emerged as the gold-standard that developers of large companies and small startups alike use for their websites and mobile apps to solve all their image needs.
Cloudinary’s newly launched video support provides a technical solution to all aspects of handling videos online, allowing developers to focus on their core product instead of spending time building and supporting their in-house video solutions.
“Our customers frequently asked us for a video solution that offered the same capabilities as our image solution, a ‘Cloudinary for Videos’ if you may,” says Itai Lahan, CEO and Founder of Cloudinary. “We are excited to unveil our brand new video support, a complete video service that complements our image-management solution perfectly. We hope that with this, we’ll manage to save our customers additional valuable R&D, IT and DevOps time that could be re-focused on their core product, save IT costs, and greatly improve their users’ online experience.”
The service provides developers with the following new tools:
- Scalable Cloud-Based Solution - upload your videos at any scale using rich APIs, from your back-end application or directly from a browser or mobile application
- Simple Video Management - manage all of your videos with Cloudinary, programmatically or via an interactive online Web interface
- Automatic Video Transcoding - automatically generate HTML5 and mobile friendly videos for optimized view on all web browsers and mobile devices
- Powerful Video Manipulation - manipulate your videos on-the-fly, in real-time, to fit your graphic design and product requirements. Easily brand your videos, embed ads and captions, generate thumbnails and convert videos into animated GIFs
- Superior End-User Experience - dramatically optimize your videos and stream them from a global content delivery network (CDN)
Founded in 2011, Cloudinary has already attracted over 50,000 developers and manages their billions of images. The company was founded by high tech veterans Itai Lahan, Tal Lev-Ami, and Nadav Soferman. The idea for Cloudinary was born once the team decided to take the time to build a service that would offer an end-to-end solution to an application’s entire image-related needs, by developers for developers.