HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Travelers (NYSE: TRV) today announced it has been selected as one of 25 Noteworthy Companies by DiversityInc for the third consecutive year. Companies are chosen based on an annual survey by DiversityInc that measures CEO commitment, human capital, corporate and organizational communications, and supplier diversity. More than 1,600 companies participated in this year’s survey.
“We are pleased to be named to the respected list of noteworthy companies by DiversityInc,” said Joelle Murchison, Vice President, Enterprise Diversity & Inclusion at Travelers. “Fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion in every facet of our organization is essential to the way we do business.”
The company’s diversity and inclusion efforts reach employees and the community in many ways:
- Travelers partners with diverse professional organizations including Ascend PAN – ASIAN National Association of Asian MBAs, INROADS, the International Association of Black Actuaries, InVEST, the Association of Latino Professionals For America, the National Black MBA Association, the National Society of Hispanic MBAs, Out & Equal, and the Society of Women Engineers, among others.
- Travelers has partnered with DiversityInc to host events focused on supplier diversity. These events have brought procurement and diversity and inclusion professionals together from a variety of industries to discuss how they can create greater opportunities for supplier diversity within their businesses.
- The company has launched seven employee-led diversity networks focused on attracting, retaining, and developing all Travelers employees.
- The company’s speaker series, Diversity Speaks, also helps cultivate a work environment that embraces the power of difference.
- Travelers EDGE®: Empowering Dreams for Graduation and Employment is the company’s signature education initiative that helps to increase the pipeline of underrepresented students who complete bachelor’s degrees and are prepared for a career within the insurance and financial services industry.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home, and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has approximately 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $27 billion in 2014. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.