NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LIGHTFAIR 2015—Echelon Corporation (NASDAQ:ELON), a leading independent control networking company for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), today announced an expanded range of outdoor lighting control products. The company also announced that effective immediately, it will converge all its wireless and wired connectivity solutions for lighting control under the Lumewave by Echelon brand. Echelon will demonstrate some of its products in its booth #3373 at LIGHTFAIR International 2015, May 5-7 at the Javits Center in New York City.
“As lighting systems transition rapidly to LEDs, lighting connectivity and control applications can add tremendous value for customers—from saving energy to enhancing safety, reducing maintenance costs and improving asset utilization,” said Ron Sege, CEO and chairman of Echelon Corp. “Echelon’s converged lighting control platform offers options to connect virtually any fixture, any place, wired or wireless, around the world.”
As part of its converged intelligent lighting platform, the company announced a number of new Lumewave by Echelon products for adaptive outdoor lighting control. These wireless radio frequency (RF) products are aimed primarily at North American markets. They include:
- The world’s first Bluetooth-enabled very long-range microwave radar-based sensor and controller, specifically designed for controlling street, pathway and area lights. Winner of Product of the Year awards from Electrical Construction and Maintenance and Consulting Specifying Engineer magazines, the Lumewave microwave sensors use true Doppler Radar and FFT techniques to differentiate between pedestrians and vehicles in real time—detecting approaching vehicles at more than 400 feet and pedestrians at 100 feet—and to adjust lighting accordingly. The MWX-LVE-180U and MWX-LVE-90U models have 10 times the reach of infrared (IR) sensors, while remaining unaffected by harsh environmental conditions.
- 480V support for the popular TOP900 wireless lighting controller, featuring a power supply that operates in the full range from 100V to 480V. This voltage range saves installation costs for applications such as car dealerships and parking areas that require higher voltages. These products control all types of dimmable lights, including LED, eHID, plasma and induction. They also offer flexible options in communicating with gateways such as Ethernet, Wi-Fi and cellular.
- Support for California Title 24 requirements for parking garage daylight zones. This capability is supported by the TOP900 series controllers and LumeStar 5.0 control management system.
- Embedded GPS support for TOP900 series wireless lighting controllers.
Echelon Lighting Control Platform Stresses ‘Any Device, Anywhere’ Connectivity
Echelon’s lighting control platform is designed to provide industrial and commercial settings—e.g., roadways, cities and municipalities, office buildings, university and corporate campuses, parking areas, stadiums, etc.—with end-to-end lighting control that delivers the utmost in flexibility.
Echelon’s intelligent lighting platform defines what an end-to-end, IIoT-ready lighting control solution must be:
- Simple: Easy to deploy, commission, manage and use
- Converged: Support standards-based protocols and functions to enable integration of indoor and outdoor lighting, wired and wireless operation, and lighting and building automation
- Flexible. Support all major types of outdoor lighting scenarios; integrate a variety of sensors; support both lighting controls and asset monitoring; operate in multiple geographic regions
- Secure. Provide the industrial-strength security needed for IIoT applications
- LED-capable. Include LED driver support for color and white tuning
- Intelligent. Enable big data analysis from sensor, module and operational data
In total, Echelon has nearly 2 million lights under control on more than 15,000 segments worldwide.
About Echelon Corporation
Echelon Corporation (NASDAQ: ELON), a pioneer in developing open-standard control networking platforms, delivers all the elements necessary to design, install, monitor and control industrial-strength ‘communities of devices’ within the lighting, building automation, Internet of Things and related markets worldwide. Echelon sells its lighting products under the Lumewave by Echelon brand and its building automation and other IIoT-related products as part of its IzoT™ platform. With more than 100 million Echelon-powered devices installed worldwide, Echelon helps its customers easily and safely migrate existing control systems to the most modern platforms, while bringing new devices and applications into an ever-growing global Industrial Internet. Echelon helps its customers reduce operational costs, enhance satisfaction and safety, grow revenues and perform better in both established and emerging markets. More information about Echelon can be found at http://iiot.echelon.com, or www.echelon.com and at the company's blog at blog.echelon.com.
Echelon and the Echelon logo are registered trademarks of Echelon Corporation registered in the United States and other countries. Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release may contain statements relating to future plans, events or performance. Such statements may involve risks and uncertainties, the risk that Echelon's offerings by themselves or combined with other applications or offerings do not perform as designed or do not offer the expected benefits and savings; risks associated with international sales; and other risks identified in Echelon's SEC filings. Actual results, events and performance may differ materially. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. Echelon undertakes no obligation to release publicly the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.