SAN FRANCISCO & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, BrightRoll announced a suite of solutions designed to help advertisers maximize the impact of their mobile video advertising across screens and devices. Advertisers running programmatic video advertising campaigns on the BrightRoll DSP have access to a holistic set of mobile tools to better measure ad effectiveness, simple implementation, and increase mobile app reach.
According to eMarketer, worldwide mobile ad spending in 2015 is expected to reach $64 billion, a 60% increase over last year, and rise to $159 billion by 2018. A pioneer in mobile advertising, BrightRoll launched the first mobile video real-time bidding solution back in 2012. The company is expanding its mobile offerings to enhance its media agnostic DSP and marketplace to help advertisers, publishers, and partners grow their business.
“Mobile advertising has experienced impressive growth, but the majority of marketers are still uncertain about how to execute and verify the effectiveness of their mobile video campaigns,” said Tod Sacerdoti, CEO and founder, BrightRoll. “Mobile has always been an important area of focus for us, and we are doubling-down on our efforts to give advertisers the ability to measure performance across the breadth of devices to better understand their target audiences and effectively spend marketing dollars.”
Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings on the BrightRoll DSP
BrightRoll has integrated Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings, formerly known as Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings, giving advertisers the built-in tools needed to plan, optimize, and report on campaigns from a single platform at no additional cost. During the planning process, advertisers have the unique ability to maximize campaign efficiency by forecasting whom their ads will reach in each inventory and intended data segment before spending any money on testing, based on Nielsen’s in-target composition data. Benefits of this integration include:
- Added value verification: Video advertisers can verify audience delivery for both web and mobile at no additional cost.
- Cross-device consolidation: An improved workflow helps clients compare their web and mobile results to better understand their target audiences with cross-device audience measurement.
- Campaign management through one platform: BrightRoll’s mobile services, technology, and partnerships enable clients to seamlessly run their entire mobile video advertising business from start to finish.
- Mobile at scale: BrightRoll can deliver high volume mobile campaigns with audience targeting requirements and multiple KPIs by tapping into 10,000 mobile websites and apps, leveraging proprietary platform data.
“Today’s digital advertising landscape is extremely dynamic, making comprehensive mobile measurement a must-have,” said Andrew Feigenson, Managing Director, Digital, Nielsen. “The ability to access Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings in BrightRoll’s platform enables advertisers to have a complete view of their campaign’s full digital audience and instills confidence that they’re reaching their most valuable audience to maximize return on investment.”
MRAID Video Addendum Brings In-App Mobile Video Measurement to Life
Despite the increasing shift of consumer attention to mobile and tablet devices, measurement of in-app mobile video advertising performance has been overlooked by existing industry standards. Through its collaboration with the IAB, BrightRoll co-authored the recently released MRAID Video Addendum, and is leading the adoption of this new industry standard. This framework for in-app interactive video ads provides mobile video advertisers with several key benefits, including:
- Simplified mobile video executions: With this industry standard, mobile video ads no longer require publisher-specific implementations.
- Engage viewers with interactive mobile ads: With a common API, app publishers and ad platforms can run interactive mobile ad units at scale and with limited lead time.
- Increased insight into video activity: This access provides consistent campaign measurement across mobile app publishers.
Yahoo App Publishing in the BrightRoll Marketplace
comScore recently reported that 88% of consumer mobile internet time is spent in apps. To help advertisers leverage this growing trend, Yahoo’s App Publishing mobile in-app inventory is now available in the BrightRoll marketplace. Yahoo App Publishing gives advertisers access to over 10,000 high quality apps, including premium games from Glu Mobile, GREE, and Pocket Gems.
BrightRoll CEO and founder, Tod Sacerdoti, announced the availability of these solutions today during his keynote at the BrightRoll Video Summit in New York. The event brings together more than 700 brand marketers, agencies, publishers and ad tech influencers from across the digital advertising ecosystem to explore the hottest topics in the programmatic video ecosystem. Advertisers running campaigns through BrightRoll’s managed services can access the MRAID Video Addendum, while Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings is available for both self-serve and managed service advertisers.
BrightRoll builds software that automates and improves digital video advertising globally. The company offers the industry’s leading programmatic video solutions, including a demand side platform and marketplace. These solutions help advertisers, publishers and partners grow their business and connect with consumers on web, mobile and TV. A division of Yahoo, BrightRoll powers digital video advertising for 87 of the top 100 Ad Age advertisers, 41 of the top 50 publishers, and more than 100 technology partners. For more on BrightRoll visit brightroll.com.