SPOKANE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Brooke Martin, 15, today announced the launch of iC LovedOnes, an Internet-enabled device providing caregivers the ability to two-way video chat with loved ones and to remotely dispense medications or nutritional items. This assistive technology product follows Brooke’s first, award-winning invention iCPooch, which lets dog owners video chat with their pet and dispense a treat.
“My now deceased grandmother, Barb, had severe challenges, and would have benefited greatly if iC LovedOnes had been available to her,” said iC LovedOnes developer Brooke Martin. “It is rewarding to adapt my iCPooch technology to a simple, cost-effective and easy-to-use tool to help loved ones stay connected and cared for from anywhere in the world.”
iC LovedOnes is an assistive technology device designed to help seniors and those with disabilities live more comfortably at home, and maintain a stronger connection with caregivers and loved ones, wherever they are.
- 31% of socially-isolated seniors anticipate needing help managing their health and wellness, and
- 43% of socially-isolated seniors with chronic conditions report receiving little or no support from their friends, family or spouse to manage their health (The 2014 United States of Aging Survey).
- About 15.5M adults have difficulties with one or more instrumental activities of daily living including doing housework, using the phone and preparing meals. Of these, nearly 12M require assistance, and
- In 2050, the population aged 65 and over is projected to be 83.7M, almost double its estimated population of 43.1M in 2012.
iC LovedOnes key features:
- Deliver medication or nutritional items with your tablet, smartphone or computer
- Two-way video chat
- Auto answers, no technology skills required
- Connect iC LovedOnes to a wireless Internet router
- No monthly fees
- Download the free Android or Apple app
- MSRP $149.99, shipping June 1, 2015
- Purchase at http://store.iclovedones.com
iC LovedOnes President Chris Martin will be at ATA booth 2623, Startup and Innovation Zone, May 4-5, 2015, to demo iC LovedOnes