JACKSON, Miss.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bomgar, a leader in secure remote support and access management solutions, today unveiled the new Bomgar Privileged Access Management solution, which enables security professionals to control, monitor, and manage access to critical systems by privileged users. With Bomgar, organizations can provide administrators, vendors, and business users with the access capabilities they need to be more productive, while protecting high value infrastructure, assets, and applications from cyber breaches.
According to Felix Gaehtgens, research director and Anmol Singh, principal research analyst at Gartner, “Establishing controls around privileged access continues to be a focus of attention for organizations and auditors, and the Privileged Account Management market continues to see strong growth across the board. Security leaders must be prepared to address the control and use of privileged accounts.”1
“Securing privileged session management doesn’t help if admins and vendors are using workarounds to access the systems they need,” said Sam Elliott, director of emerging products for Bomgar. “That’s why we focus on not only providing the ability to control and monitor access, but also giving privileged users a better access experience that makes their lives easier. By allowing privileged users to collaborate with others in a session, connect without VPN access, and work from mobile devices, Bomgar empowers them to be more productive, while still complying with security policies and best practices.”
Key features of Bomgar Privileged Access Management include:
- Secure Remote Access: Allow users to connect to any system on or off your network without VPN tunneling, port-forwarding, or complex firewall configurations.
- Granular Controls: Require access notification and authorization, and protect sensitive data from unauthorized users by whitelisting or blacklisting what can be seen during a remote session.
- Vendor Access: Ensure only authorized vendors can connect to critical systems with third-party access and authorization.
- Collaboration within Sessions: Allow users to pull both internal and external skilled resources into sessions to build, maintain, and support business services together.
- Secure Mobile Apps: Connect to endpoints securely using native mobile apps that provide desktop-quality access from Android or iOS devices.
- Monitor and Audit: Monitor sessions in real-time or find a critical event or breach by searching session transcriptions and recordings.
- Pre-built and Custom Integrations: Integrate Bomgar with a password vault to protect credentials and automate logins. Also leverage pre-built integrations with identity management solutions, such as Active Directory, and IT service and change management systems.
“As part of the energy sector, we’re under constant attack from foreign countries, and need to ensure the connections from our vendors and internal admins are secure,” said Niyo Little Thunder Pearson, senior security analyst at ONE Gas. “Bomgar allows us to granularly control and audit vendor access without granting VPN connections to third-parties, which can leave networks vulnerable to compromise. It also lets us restrict system to system RDP connections by pushing RDP access through Bomgar to leverage its full set of security and manageability features.”
According to Bomgar customer Nick Hidalgo, IT director at Redner’s Warehouse Markets, “Vendor access is a particularly hot topic in retail because it is seen as a vulnerable access point for data breaches. In the past, many IT departments had no choice but to share VPN credentials with vendors in order to provide access to systems. With Bomgar, we can establish strict permission settings to manage, control, and monitor vendor access. It allows us to give privileged third parties access to just the systems they need to work on, enhancing security and productivity.”
For more information about Bomgar Privileged Access Management or to request an evaluation, please visit www.bomgar.com.
Bomgar connects people and technology securely, providing leading remote support and privileged access management solutions that strengthen security while increasing productivity. Bomgar solutions help support and security professionals improve business performance by enabling secure, controlled access to nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world. More than 9,000 organizations across 65 countries use Bomgar to deliver superior support services and manage access to valuable data and systems. Bomgar is privately held with offices in Atlanta, Jackson, Washington D.C., Frankfurt, London, Paris, and Singapore. Visit Bomgar at www.bomgar.com, or on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
1 Gartner, Market Guide for Privileged Account Management, Felix Gaehtgens, Anmol Singh, 17 June 2014.