SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Evolution Fresh, the market leader in cold-pressed, High Pressure Processed (HPP) juice, today announced a new suite of fruit and vegetable juices in 11 fl. oz. bottles. Available nationwide on grocery shelves this spring, this new line includes five new cold-pressed juice blends and one current favorite, adding even more variety to Evolution Fresh’s portfolio of 42 cold-pressed juices available in original 15.2 fl. oz. and multi-serve bottles.
Super-premium cold-pressed juice continues to grow at a much faster rate than the $1.6 billion super-premium juice category as a whole1 and greatly outpaces the growth of super-premium pasteurized juice by 130 percent2. The new 11 fl. oz. line is an approachable size for those wanting to try cold-pressed juice for the first time or consumers seeking a nourishing beverage to pair with their lunch or afternoon snack.
“We know people are looking for ways to add more fruits and vegetables to their diets,” said Jeff Hansberry, president, Evolution Fresh. “As the demand for cold-pressed juice continues to grow, we’re launching our new line of fruit and vegetable juice blends and smoothies as an easy way to experience the taste and nutrition of Evolution Fresh cold-pressed juices. The new sizes provide an easy way to boost the nutrients in a meal or a snack and add more fruits and vegetables into a daily diet.”
Evolution Fresh spent two years developing this new line of 11 fl. oz. cold-pressed juices, designed to deliciously deliver more than one cup towards the combined daily recommended intake of fruits and vegetables without added sweeteners, artificial flavors or colors. Each variety is crafted from a unique recipe, and the full line-up of six differentiated flavors introduces cold-pressed juice to a broader audience.
Two New Green Juices and Essential Vegetable in a New Format
Adding to the already extensive portfolio of green juices and offering a current favorite, Essential Vegetable, in a new size, the 11 fl. oz. cold-pressed juices provide nutrition with great taste.
- Green Devotion™: A smooth medley of greens – celery, cucumber, spinach, romaine lettuce and kale – finished with lemon and parsley. Each bottle contains 160 percent of the daily value of vitamin K and contains only 8 grams of naturally occurring sugar.
- Emerald Greens™: A refreshing blend of cucumber and crisp apple combined with leafy greens – spinach, romaine lettuce and kale – and a squeeze of lime and lemon. Each bottle provides 120 percent of the daily value for vitamin K with only 14 grams of naturally occurring sugar per bottle.
- Essential Vegetable: This existing Evolution Fresh favorite is a savory-sweet blend of hearty carrots, crisp apples, green vegetables, earthy beets and a hint of zesty ginger, which is now available in the new 11 fl. oz. bottles. Excellent source of vitamin A.
Fruit & Vegetable Smoothies
These fruit-forward juice blend smoothies pack vibrant fruit flavors, are made from powerhouse ingredients and include vegetable juice in each bottle.
- Green Grove: This leafy green smoothie combines citrusy orange, mango, crisp apple and pineapple with cucumber, spinach, romaine lettuce and kale. Good source of vitamins A and C.
- Berry Beet: This vibrant red hue blend combines apple, mangos and berries – strawberry, blueberry and raspberry – with hydrating coconut water, beet, black raspberry and cherry.
- Mango Green: This tropical fruit smoothie blends the juice and purees of mango, orange, apple, cucumber, acerola cherries and coconut water, enlivened with a vegetable juice blend from spinach, romaine lettuce and kale. Good source of potassium and an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
The new varieties are available for a suggested retail price of $3.99 to $4.79 at grocery stores nationwide.
Green Juice 101
Evolution Fresh created several of the new juices for people looking to start a green juice habit.
Jimmy Rosenberg, founder of Evolution Fresh, started squeezing and selling fresh juice on the beaches of Santa Monica, California about 30 years ago. People embarking on a wellness effort often ask Jimmy for tips. He suggests starting with small, simple changes that feel good, are easily repeatable and lead to further wellness exploration.
“We have seen more and more people embrace vegetable juices, particularly green juice. But some can find green juice intimidating, or hard to adjust to at first. The vibrant green flavors in the juice may be too much for the beginner taste palate – and that’s okay.”
Jimmy suggests looking for a “starter” green juice like new Emerald Greens, which uses the coolness of cucumber and a hint of sweetness from apple to round out the flavors of leafy greens (romaine, spinach and kale), or the new Green Grove, which is a fruit and vegetable juice blend.
A Fresh New Look with Redesigned Packaging and Labels
This spring, Evolution Fresh bottles received a fresh new look through redesigned packaging and labels for both the new 11 fl. oz. and original 15.2 fl. oz. cold-pressed juices. The new packaging features a unique custom-designed clear, recyclable, PET bottle and vibrant redesigned labels that make it easy to see the goodness inside.
Inspired by the shape of a classic juice glass, the new bottle creates a jewel-like effect that showcases the vivid colors of Evolution Fresh™ juices. In addition, the new clear bottle allows consumers to see every drop of juice, including the natural separation that may occur in cold-pressed, High Pressure Processed juice. As long time fans of the brand know, Evolution Fresh instructs: shake away separation and drink up invigoration.
About Evolution Fresh, Inc.
Evolution Fresh offers cold-pressed juices and foods that provide high-quality, wholesome, and delicious nutrition to consumers. Evolution Fresh takes a different approach to crafting its cold-pressed juice – it takes pressed and squeezed vegetables and fruits, bottles the juice cold and uses High Pressure Processing (HPP) to help protect flavors and nutrients. Evolution Fresh offers an extensive portfolio of bottled juices, available nationally in premium grocery stores, natural food stores, Starbucks® retail stores, and in the four company-operated Evolution Fresh™ retail locations. Acquired by Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) in 2011, Starbucks and Evolution Fresh seek to make incredible nutrition widely accessible. To learn more about Evolution Fresh and our cold-pressed difference, please visit evolutionfresh.com.
1. 130.5% increase in sales of super-premium cold-pressed juice, versus YA 52 weeks ending 3.29.15. 6.7% increase in sales increase in sales of super-premium pasteurized juice, versus YA 52 Source: IRI Dollar Sales, FDM, 52 weeks ending 3.29.15.
2. Super premium cold-pressed and flash-pasteurized juice sales equivalent to $844.6 million, up 9.3% from YA Source: IRI Dollar Sales, FDM, 52 weeks ending 3.29.15. Based on definition of Super Premium as follows: Refrigerated fruit and vegetable juice with no added sugar or preservatives and minimal processing.