COLUMBIA, S.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--America’s workers and their families have a new option for affordable dental care: a new dental insurance plan now available from Colonial Life.
Regular dental care is key in maintaining your overall health – and seeing a dentist for routine visits can help detect oral health problems early when treatment is likely simpler and more affordable.1 Unfortunately, more than 40 percent of Americans don’t have dental insurance, preventing them from getting the dental care they need.2 Colonial Life’s new dental insurance plan can help cover the cost of dental treatment and encourage employees to maintain regular dental treatment.
“There’s a strong need for dental insurance — in fact, it’s one of the most requested types of coverage for employee benefit plans,” said Steven Johnson, vice president, product development at Colonial Life. “Employers can offer this new individual coverage on a voluntary basis, giving their employees access to important protection at no cost to the business.”
With dental insurance from Colonial Life, policyholders have the freedom to visit any dentist and still receive the same benefit amounts. The plan pays a fixed benefit amount for each covered procedure. Unlike traditional PPO dental plans, there is no deductible, no precertification, no coordination of coverage, and no coinsurance. In addition, with the increasing focus on preventive care, policyholders are eligible to receive benefits for wellness visits and X-rays from their first date of coverage.
Special features of the dental plan include:
- Guaranteed issue: Every eligible employee qualifies for coverage at businesses with three or more eligible employees and at least one enrolled employee.
- Passive network: Policyholders receive discounted services if they visit a network dentist. However, they’ll receive the same benefit amount for covered services if they choose a non-network dentist.
- Two optional riders: Coverage can be expanded with additional riders for orthodontics and vision eye exams and materials.
- Portable: Policyholders can keep their coverage with no rate increase if they change jobs or retire.
- Rate stable: Rates will only increase if they’re increased for all policies of this kind.
- Guaranteed renewable: As long as premiums are paid, coverage continues.
- Not subject to Affordable Care Act market reform: Flexible plans with broad coverage are available to most employees with issue ages from 17-75.
For more information about Colonial Life’s new dental insurance, visit http://www.coloniallife.com/individuals-and-policyholders/products/dental.aspx or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support more than 80,000 businesses and organizations, representing more than 3 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life.
1 Questions About Going to the Dentist, American
Dental Association, 2014
2 Oral and Dental Health FastStats, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2013