TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Senior leaders from Grant Thornton LLP are available to provide insight on the potential impact the 2015 federal budget will have on the economy, on businesses, and on Canadian families from coast to coast. They are also available to discuss key tax, business and economic challenges they believe should be addressed in the April 21 budget.
Topics that Keith MacIntyre (National Tax Leader), Bill Brushett (National Clients & Services Leader), Jim Menzies (National Manufacturing & Distribution Leader) and Brad Rolph (Tax Partner, Economist and Southern Ontario Tax Services Leader) will be available to discuss include, but are not limited to:
Canada’s debt and deficit
- Canada’s debt-to-GDP ratio
- Canada’s debt-to-disposable income ratio
- Getting back to a balanced budget
Seniors and retirement savings
- Who really benefits from doubling TFSA contribution limits?
- Encouraging Canadians to save for retirement
- Eliminating the tax barriers that make it more expensive for retiring baby boomers to sell their company to family members
Price of oil and manufacturing
- Impact of low oil prices and managing uncertainty around the economy
- Rejuvenating Canada’s manufacturing sector
Canada’s global competitiveness
- Maintaining competitive corporate tax rates
- Stimulating job creation and private business growth
Innovation and job creation
- Commercializing R&D to make Canada an innovation economy
- Gaining access to venture capital
Grant Thornton experts are also available to do the following media interviews ON BUDGET DAY:
- PRE & POST-LOCK-UP IN OTTAWA (Starting at 4pm EDT): National spokespeople will be available to participate in live budget shows and provide commentary and analysis immediately following the budget lock-up by phone, in-studio and in the Railway Committee Room (Room 253-D, Centre Block, Parliament Hill).
- IN TORONTO ALL DAY (6am – 10pm EDT): A national spokesperson will be available to provide media with commentary and analysis on a wide range of tax, business, economic and federal budget-related issues before, during and after lock-up.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Together with the Quebec firm Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP, Grant Thornton in Canada has approximately 4,000 people in offices across Canada. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca