LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--KNOWLEDGE15 – ServiceNow (NYSE:NOW), the enterprise cloud company, this week kicks off its annual global conference, Knowledge15®, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. In its ninth year, the Knowledge conference has grown rapidly to become the industry’s landmark gathering of service management professionals using cloud services to change the way people work. At the end of the week, the company will welcome approximately 1,200 professional developers to its first annual developer conference, CreatorCon.
This year’s Knowledge event is expected to attract approximately 9,000 attendees from a variety of service domains across the enterprise, including IT, shared services, human resources, facilities and application development departments.
In the consumer world, there’s an ‘app’ for almost everything. It’s how people bank, socialize and manage their lives. At work, it’s different. Workers rely on email and spreadsheets to route work through the enterprise – making it hard to get work done. By defining, structuring and automating work, ServiceNow is creating a modern service experience for everyone in the enterprise. The activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life can be enabled by a common service model and delivered as a service in the cloud. Now, the entire enterprise can manage everything as a service.
“At Knowledge15, our customers will showcase how they have applied service management as a discipline for every department in the enterprise,” said Beth White, chief marketing officer, ServiceNow. “Twenty-five percent of the content at this year’s conference is dedicated to the practice and use of service management in domains outside of core IT.”
CreatorCon Developer Conference – Create at the Speed of Business
Starting on Thursday, April 23, ServiceNow will welcome professional developers at CreatorCon, a dedicated educational and certification event for ServiceNow developers. The conference theme is “Create at the Speed of Business” and will focus on leveraging the ServiceNow platform, which is purpose-built for rapidly developing powerful business applications in the cloud. Fred Luddy, ServiceNow founder and chief product officer, will join Pat Casey, general manager, ServiceNow Platform Business Unit, to talk with developers about their experience as creators using the platform they built.
CreatorCon will also feature a series of project-based workshops – diving deep in advanced development areas like scripting, UX design, mobile apps, integration, reporting, testing and the ServiceNow Content Management System. Experts from ServiceNow and partners will deliver these workshops. There will also be demo-led breakouts on turning ideas into apps, APIs, integration best practices and more.
CreatorCon is also an opportunity to become a ServiceNow Certified Application Developer. Exams will be conducted on-site, and certification will be awarded to those who demonstrate mastery over app creation in ServiceNow. Exams are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up via the certification portal.
- “Managing Everything as a Service” – Frank Slootman, ServiceNow president and chief executive officer, presents Tuesday, April 21, from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Pacific. Slootman will showcase how to apply the latest ServiceNow technologies to solve real business problems and will describe how this is changing the way people work. He will explain how ServiceNow can help service management professionals from all corners of the enterprise define, deliver, assure and manage everything as a service.
- “Enabling Everything as a Service” – Fred Luddy, ServiceNow founder and chief product officer, presents along with Dave Wright, ServiceNow chief strategy officer, on Wednesday, April 22, from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Pacific. Luddy and Wright will unveil the latest ServiceNow innovations that enable everything as a service. Today’s modern enterprise can no longer sustain a competitive advantage running their businesses on email and spreadsheets. Yet, these tools have served as a stopgap for a lack of automated systems. This keynote will address how to deliver an intuitive service experience for everyone in the enterprise and rapidly create new services.
- “Operating Everything as a Service” – Dan McGee, ServiceNow chief operating officer, presents Thursday, April 23, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Pacific. McGee will demonstrate how ServiceNow is taking scalability, security, transparency and control to levels never seen before in cloud computing. This keynote will showcase how the entire enterprise can rely on a single cloud to operate everything as a service.
- CIO Decisions15. This exclusive, invitation-only industry event connects IT leaders with their peers, industry luminaries and ServiceNow executives. The program includes a venture capitalists panel moderated by Frank Slootman, a CIO panel moderated by Dave Wright, and AstraZeneca CIO Dave Smoley discussing how CIOs can transform IT.
ServiceNow Pavilion at ExpoNow is the showcase where customers
can see live solution demonstrations to learn how to manage and enable
everything as a service. At the pavilion, customers will have the
- Interact with the latest applications developed by peers and ServiceNow
- Meet the Innovation of the Year and CreateNow Hackathon finalists — and see their amazing applications
- See the “Future of Now” where customers can post their suggestions on the virtual ideation board
- Learn about “Now on Now” where ServiceNow will showcase how it runs a service-oriented enterprise
- Pre-Conference Training, Breakouts and Labs. Attendees will be able to choose from more than 200 sessions, most of which are delivered by customers, and more than 100 hands-on lab sessions on topics from reporting to scripting and everything in between.
- TheaterNow has 16 fifteen-minute sessions from Premier, Platinum, and Gold sponsors. Discover how companies offering complementary products and services are extending the capabilities of ServiceNow and reshaping everything as a service.
- Networking Events. Attendees will have an unprecedented opportunity to learn and network with ~9,000 of their peers. A variety of events are planned as an ideal forum to connect with people from similar geographic areas, industries, or business roles.
- Innovation of the Year Award. The prestigious award, presented annually at the conference, recognizes IT organizations that have developed innovative applications on the ServiceNow platform and achieved significant business impact.
- CreateNow Hackathon. Anyone can form or join a team and race the clock to explore the limits of what can be created on the ServiceNow platform. Experience how simple it is to build an app on the ServiceNow platform.
- ExpoNow Exhibit Hall. The exhibit hall will feature demonstrations of how partners are using the ServiceNow platform to build complementary products, address functionality extensions and offer services that expand the capabilities and value of ServiceNow.
KPMG is the premier sponsor of Knowledge15 for the fourth year in a row. The platinum sponsors are Accenture and Cloud Sherpas. The gold sponsors include BDNA, Bomgar, CipherCloud, Cognizant, EY, Flexera Software, Fruition Partners, HCL Technologies Ltd., Okta and Unisys. Silver sponsors include Blazent, Dell, Deloitte Inc., LabTech, LogMeIn, Numerify, Pathways Consulting Group, PwC, Resolve Systems, RightScale and Splunk.
- Check out the ServiceNow BuzzHub to stay connected to all the live action at Knowledge15, including streaming keynotes and Cube interviews, and keep the conversation going.
- For more information or to register for Knowledge15, please visit knowledge.servicenow.com.
- Twitter: For continuous Knowledge15 news and event updates, follow @ServiceNow and join the conversations using #Know15, #CreatorCon and @Know365
- Facebook: Like ServiceNow on Facebook to view photos and updates from Knowledge15
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Customers use our service model to define, structure and automate the flow of work, removing dependencies on email and spreadsheets to transform the delivery and management of services for the enterprise. ServiceNow provides service management for every department in the enterprise including IT, human resources, facilities, field service and more. We deliver a ‘lights-out, light-speed’ experience through our enterprise cloud – built to manage everything as a service. To find out how, visit www.servicenow.com.
ServiceNow, Knowledge and the ServiceNow logo are registered trademarks of ServiceNow. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.