MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tomorrow at 6:00 a.m., Roundy’s, Inc. (“Roundy’s”) (NYSE: RNDY), a leading grocer in the Midwest, will open its newest Mariano’s location in Skokie, Ill. Located at 3358 West Touhy Avenue, shoppers can expect their favorite Mariano’s features — such as Todds BBQ and an oyster bar – along with the debut of Mariano’s first completely separate kosher section within the store. Mariano’s Skokie brings nearly 400 jobs to the community.
“The Skokie location marks a milestone for our customers as it is our first store to offer a specialty kosher area,” said Bob Mariano, Chairman, President and CEO of Roundy’s. “We looked at the community’s needs and made the decision to go above and beyond what our customers have come to know and love—fresh, unique and local grocery offerings—by creating spaces in the store that allow us to be a true extension of the neighborhood.”
Working in partnership with the Chicago Rabbinical Counsel, Mariano’s designed a separate section within the store that is kosher certified approved. Within the Kosher Market, shoppers will find a separate kosher Sweet Shoppe, cheese shop, deli, meat counter and grill, seafood counter and grill, sushi, soup bar, olive bar and additional offerings. The kosher section will respect the Sabbath each week and re-open on Sunday morning.
Mariano’s fans will also find their favorite Mariano’s features, including fresh-squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, a Sweet Shoppe featuring caramel apples dipped on-site, specialty seafood and soup, a floral department and a wine bar.
Additionally, shoppers will enjoy store enhancements including:
- Vero featuring premium coffees fresh-roasted locally and homemade gelato prepared with traditional Italian techniques
- Todds BBQ offering daily smoked brisket, ribs, and more, all with a variety of sauces to fit shoppers’ tastes
- Oyster Bar features the freshest shucked oysters and specialty seafood dishes
- Bakery with artisan breads, pastries, cakes, donuts and rolls baked daily in-store, along with ethnic and Italian treats
- Squeez’d smoothie bar showcasing a variety of made-to-order fruit and vegetable smoothies, plus Mariano’s signature fresh-squeezed orange and other fruit juices
- Full-service pharmacy with friendly and accessible pharmacists, immunization services, the Mariano’s Prescription Savings Club and the unique PharmaSmart Blood Pressure machine
To celebrate the opening of the new Mariano’s Skokie location, the Roundy’s Foundation will make a donation to the Chicago Chesed Fund as part of its ongoing commitment to the communities it serves. A member of the Greater Chicago Food Depository, the Chicago Chesed Fund has served local families for more than 25 years, offering a range of programs including hunger relief, medical assistance, job counseling and educational services.
Mariano’s Skokie is open seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The pharmacy is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Roundy’s is a leading grocer in the Midwest with nearly $4 billion in sales and approximately 22,000 employees. Founded in Milwaukee in 1872, Roundy’s operates 150 retail grocery stores and 100 pharmacies under the Pick ’n Save, Copps, Metro Market and Mariano’s retail banners in Wisconsin and Illinois. Roundy’s is committed to helping the communities its stores serve through the Roundy’s Foundation. Chartered in 2003, the Roundy’s Foundation mission is to support organizations working to relieve hunger and helping families in crisis due to domestic abuse, neglect and other at-risk situations.