WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--One of the biggest hurdles for high tech entrepreneurs is getting “Face Time” with prospective customers, particularly senior hospital executives who can fast-track purchasing decisions. Now you have the chance to pitch your Big Idea to a panel of healthcare CEOs, CIOs, and IT chiefs at “Face Time for Entrepreneurs,” a unique pitch event that will take place at Health Tech ’15: Fueling Innovation in Westchester, the Westchester County Association’s must-attend conference on the latest innovations in healthcare, life sciences, and technology. The deadline to apply to participate in the pitch event is April 24 and can be done online at http://www.healthtechwca.com/?page_id=46.
If you are an entrepreneur, healthcare executive, IT innovator, scientist, financier, real estate developer, business leader, academic, or student, you’ll want to be at Health Tech ’15. This year’s conference builds on the runaway success of Health Tech ’14, which underscored Westchester County as a regional hub of healthcare innovation. All of the key players — and some exciting new ones — plan to return. The full conference agenda is available at www.healthtechwca.com.
The Westchester County Association: Fueling Innovation in Westchester
With some of the largest and most successful healthcare, biotech, and IT companies calling Westchester home, the County has emerged as a regional health tech hub in the United States. The Westchester County Association (WCA), the preeminent business group in region, is playing a major role to grow this sector through conferences; networking groups for entrepreneurs and scientists; pitch nights; the BLUEPRINT Accelerator Network; a powerful Healthcare Consortium; and the new Hudson Valley Workforce Academy. Last year, more than 600 people attended the WCA’s groundbreaking inaugural Health Tech ’14 conference. The post-event survey reviews were excellent: 95% of respondents said they had made valuable connections at Health Tech ’14, and 100% of respondents said they planned to attend this year’s event.
“Healthcare is a $15 billion economic engine in our region, and we are priming the pump to fuel future growth,” explains Marissa Brett, WCA president. “The WCA’s emphasis on the healthcare sector is all part of how we are advancing economic growth through our BLUEPRINT for Westchester initiative.”
At Health Tech ’15, attendees will gain amazing insight on the innovative advancements that are transforming the delivery of healthcare in Westchester and the nation. Topics include:
- The latest discoveries coming out of the labs of such companies as Regeneron, ContraFect, Acorda Therapeutics, and Progenics Pharmaceuticals;
- 3-D printing: The next frontier in health tech;
- How telemedicine and mobile health apps are extending provider-patient relationships beyond the office visit;
- Breakthrough clinical trials and innovations available now in Westchester;
- The right space in the right place: How real estate drives innovation;
- Hot jobs in life sciences and healthcare for students and grads;
- Capturing the value of Big Data, and the big changes ahead;
- De-mystifying DSRIP: Answers to New York’s $8 billion question.
Conference attendees also can look forward to hearing from three dynamic and influential keynote speakers:
- Kevin J. Tracey, MD, president and chief executive officer of Feinstein Institute for Medical Research and senior vice president of research at North Shore-LIJ Health System, explains how bioelectronic devices might eventually supplant drugs to treat everything from cancer to the common cold in “Bioelectronics: A Vision for the Future of Medicine”;
- Aris I. Baras, MD, MBA, executive director at Regeneron Genetics Center, discusses how large-scale genetic sequencing is a game-changer in medical treatment in “Biotech Innovation: Pursuing the Promise of Genomic Medicine”;
- Laura L. Forese, MD, MPH, president of NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System, gives an insider’s scoop on what’s on the horizon for the healthcare industry in “Amazing Things Are Happening Here: Westchester Is Redefining the Provider Landscape.
Calling All Entrepreneurs to Pitch Your Products
Innovators from throughout the country are applying to pitch their product or service at Health Tech ’15. The WCA has lined up a high-octane panel to judge:
- Joel Seligman, president and CEO, Northern Westchester Hospital;
- Aurelia Boyer, senior vice president and CIO, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital;
- Thomas Thornton, senior vice president, NorthShore Ventures;
- Snehal Patel, MD, FRCS, head and neck cancer surgeon, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Panel moderator: Jason Saltzman, founder and CEO, AlleyNYC
Health Tech ’15 is your chance to spend 15 hours networking with 600-plus forward-thinking attendees and 40-plus industry leaders appearing at 13 eye-opening panels. You’ll also be amazed at the new products exhibited at our exciting Innovative Health Tech Showcase. Tickets for the full conference package cost $475. A single day costs $225. Register online at http://westchester.org/specialevent.php?event=575.