NORTH READING, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Teradyne, Inc. (NYSE: TER) announced the availability of the ETS-800 test system designed to further drive down the cost of test in the linear, power and automotive markets. The system introduction coincides with the availability of a suite of instruments to address the requirements of the analog test market. System shipments began in the third quarter of 2014 and are in production at multiple customers. The platform delivers industry-leading test cell throughput for complex analog devices through a combination of unique ETS-800 capabilities designed to overcome the high site-count test challenges.
These ETS-800 capabilities include:
- Floating Instrumentation - The SmartPin3 floating architecture minimizes site-to-site interaction and provides voltage and current operating points beyond the capability of any single instrument. This architecture extends the performance range of the system at no additional cost.
- APEX - An extensive, integrated network of fast switching muxes and matrices minimizes DIB complexity and optimizes instrument utilization, reducing capital cost.
- ExpanDIB - Three DIB board sizes and test head extension boards allow the application area to scale up for devices that require large test socket areas and extensive device required circuitry.
- EagleVision MST Software - A powerful software development and debug environment enables rapid completion of high throughput solutions with simple and intuitive programming.
- Multi-sector Technology - An architecture that delivers >99% parallel test efficiency for lower cost, high site-count analog device test.
"The Eagle family of products has delivered excellent value by driving down the cost of test and the ETS-800 extends that value to the most complex analog and high site-count strip applications,” said Jason Zee, General Manager of Teradyne's Consumer Business Unit. “Customers are applying the platform to set new standards of performance and test cost for multi-site test of complex analog devices.”
Teradyne (NYSE:TER) is a leading supplier of Automatic Test Equipment used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage and complex electronic systems which serve consumer, communications, industrial and government customers. In 2014, Teradyne had revenue of $1.65 billion and currently employs approximately 3,900 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.teradyne.com. Teradyne(R) is a registered trademark of Teradyne, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.