LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today at the legendary Old Billingsgate, London’s renowned arts and fashion venue, Huawei Consumer Business Group unveiled the Huawei P8 smartphone, a perfect blend of technology, sleek styling, usability and revolutionary low light camera features. The Huawei P8 is the culmination of the P series’ rich heritage of style and functionality, and is once again redefining the smartphone market with easy-to-use features that amaze and inspire consumers.
The Huawei P8 takes beauty to the next level, striking a flawless balance of artistry and creativity. Based on a deep understanding of human-machine design, the Huawei P8 delivers a new level of usability for applications impacting everyday life – at work and at play. With craftsmanship that pushes the bounds of possibility and new revolutionary light painting modes, the Huawei P8 provides consumers with an inspiration for creativity.
“The Huawei P8 is the most user-friendly smartphone for consumers globally,” said Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group. “Huawei has seamlessly combined the best elements of style and durability, delivering a revolutionary user experience - especially in terms of camera capabilities and network connectivity. We fully believe this device will become one of the most popular smartphones in 2015.”
Continuing the minimalist design of the P series, the Huawei P8 embodies the ultimate in craftsmanship, durability and elegance. Notable features include:
- Four color options – silver, gold, black and grey – and a one-piece aluminum body with diamond shape blasting craftsmanship.
- A revolutionary touch screen experience: double-tapping a knuckle captures a full-length screen shot; drawing a circle on the screen quickly captures content.
- A “find my phone by voice” function allows users to call out to their misplaced device, which then identifies its location with an audible alert.
- A 2600mAh battery and Kirin 930 Octa-Core 64-bit chipset, delivering an outstanding performance outpacing the market by 20 percent.
- An optional E-ink screen on the back of the phone; the metal back cover can switch to an eBook in just seconds.
Best-in-Class Smartphone with Light Painting Camera
The Huawei P8 introduces a new philosophy for camera design leveraging a combination of hardware, software and proprietary algorithms to help users capture beautiful photographs, even in the worst lighting conditions. Features include:
- Industry-leading Optical Image Stabilizer technology up to 1.2°, enabling high-quality photos and videos, and managing camera shake so images are consistently sharp.
- The world’s first four-color RGBW sensor enhances brightness by 32 percent in high contrast lighting situations, reduces it by 78 percent in low light environments. DSLR-level independent image processor enabling noise reduction when shooting and intelligent detection of a high-contrast lighting environment.
- Four professional quality low-light shooting modes giving users access to a virtual photo and video studio to capture artistic inspirations.
Setting New Standards for Mobile Connectivity
The Huawei P8 has re-defined the industry benchmark for seamless network connectivity through proprietary Signal+ technology. The compact and powerful dual-antenna design plus rapid switching technology allows the smartphone to instantly switch between antennas, ensuring a continuous strong network connection.
There are two versions of the Huawei P8; the standard device for €499 and the premium version for €599. It will initially be available in more than 30 countries including China, Columbia, France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, South Africa, Turkey, UAE and the United Kingdom.
About Huawei Consumer Business Group
By 2014, Huawei’s products and services have covered more than 170 countries, and a third of the world’s population. Huawei’s shipments of smartphones ranked third in the world in 2014. Huawei has 16 R&D centers have been set up in the US, Germany, Sweden, Russia, India, and China. Huawei Consumer Business Group is one of three businesses within Huawei, covering smartphones, mobile broadband devices, home devices and cloud services. Based on more than 20 years of Huawei’s expertise in the telecom industry, built on Huawei’s global network, worldwide operations and business partners, Huawei Consumer Business Group is dedicated to providing the latest technology to the consumers and bringing the joy of technological advances to people all around the world. Huawei acts on its word and fulfills dreams. For more information please visit: www.consumer.huawei.com