CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ: FITB) has announced that its shareholders have re-elected the following directors at the Bancorp’s Annual Meeting held earlier today at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Cincinnati:
- Nicholas K. Akins, chairman, president, CEO, American Electric Power.
- B. Evan Bayh III, partner, McGuireWoods LLP.
- Katherine B. Blackburn, executive vice president, Cincinnati Bengals Inc.
- Ulysses L. Bridgeman, Jr., owner and president, B.F. Companies.
- Emerson L. Brumback, retired president and COO, M&T Bank.
- James P. Hackett, chairman, Fifth Third Bancorp and vice chair and director, Steelcase, Inc.
- Gary R. Heminger, president, CEO and director, Marathon Petroleum Corporation.
- Jewell D. Hoover, principal and bank consultant, Hoover and Associates, LLC.
- Kevin T. Kabat, vice chairman and CEO, Fifth Third Bancorp.
- Michael B. McCallister, retired chairman and former CEO of Humana, Inc.
- Hendrik G. Meijer, co-chairman, director and CEO, Meijer, Inc.
- Marsha C. Williams, retired senior vice president and CFO, Orbitz Worldwide, Inc.
Dr. Mitchel Livingston retired at the Annual Meeting in accordance with the Company’s Corporate Governance Guidelines.
Fifth Third shareholders also approved the following:
- A proposal to approve the appointment of Deloitte and Touche LLP to serve as the independent external audit firm.
- The shareholders, by advisory vote, approved the Company’s Executive Compensation plan.
- The shareholders, by advisory vote, also approved that a shareholder vote on executive compensation practices will occur every one year.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. As of December 31, 2014, the Company had $139 billion in assets and operated 15 affiliates with 1,302 full-service Banking Centers, including 101 Bank Mart® locations, most open seven days a week, inside select grocery stores and 2,638 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 22.8% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2014, had $308 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third’s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ® Global Select Market under the symbol “FITB.” Fifth Third Bank was established in 1858. Member FDIC