OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This episode of A.M.BestTV highlights the annual Philly I-Day conference, where participants expressed frustration with the limited economic domestic growth and the regulatory hurdles that make it more difficult to operate internationally.
Philly I-Day is a conference where approximately 900 insurance risk management professionals gather to learn how to grow and function in the new environments they are encountering.
“I believe the insurance industry, like many industries, wants to grow a bit faster; however, this is contingent on many factors, such as: what is going on in the rate environment, how the economy is functioning and what profitability is available in the industry, just to name a few,” said Robert Hartwig, president at the Insurance Information Institute.
Patricia A. Henry, global government affairs officer at ACE Group Holdings, expressed her concern over the regulatory environment that is being created. “The type of restrictions that the regulators are imposing makes it impossible to operate a global business in an efficient manner.”
Other people who appear in this episode:
- Russell Shaner, president at Insurance Society of Philadelphia; and,
- Vincent Donnelly, president and chief executive officer at PMA Companies.
Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=philly415 to view the video program.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Insurers Respond to Ride Sharing Services: Insurers are scrambling to keep up with evolving issues and regulations surrounding shared insurance sparked by app-based programs such as Uber, Sidecar and Lyft: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=share415.
- ‘First Monday’: Mergers and Acquisitions Fever Grips Insurance Industry: A.M. Best Vice President Robert DeRose and Assistant Vice President William Pargeans explore motivations of insurers across the major sectors to seek out mergers and acquisitions: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmmergeracquisitions415.
- ‘First Monday’: ACA Program Change Hampers Insurers: A.M. Best Senior Financial Analyst Doniella Pliss explores how a budget change that leaves the collectability of risk corridor payments uncertain is impacting U.S. health insurers: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmhealth415.
- ‘First Monday’: U.S. Automobile Insurance Model Transforming: A.M. Best Vice President Richard Attanasio discusses how usage-based data and advances in automobile technologies are driving sweeping changes in the U.S. personal automobile insurance sector: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmauto415.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2015 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.