CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, today reinforced its commitment to helping healthcare providers enhance patient care, improve patient satisfaction and increase workflow efficiency with its lineup of products at the HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition at McCormick Place in Chicago from April 12 - 16. Samsung will be demonstrating its range of products and solutions in specific healthcare scenarios at Booth #7523.
“Samsung has a continued commitment to the healthcare sector as part of our enterprise focus and we are excited that HIMSS provides an opportunity to show the breadth of our products and solutions to provide better connected care,” said Ted Brodheim, Vice President of Vertical Business at Samsung Electronics America. “We want to demonstrate that Samsung understands the need to improve healthcare outcomes while lowering costs, and we will be their partner in transforming the provider and patient experience.”
Samsung Connected Care in Action
Samsung’s leading technology has applications across the spectrum of healthcare settings, from lobbies and patient registration areas to exam rooms and call centers. The booth will feature Samsung’s connected care experience for visitors to learn how its technology solutions work together in real-life scenarios, including:
Lobby/Patient Registration: Visitors can experience an
interactive kiosk in a healthcare facility for clear navigation around
a medical complex. Pertinent information is shared through real-time
notifications, and patients can fill out registration details on a
tablet provided by healthcare staff. Samsung’s products seamlessly
convert paper-based medical information into a digital format.
Products showcased include:
- Large Signage Display is an integrated, open-source platform built around an embedded media player and software developer kit. The display provides organizations with a streamlined, cost-effective solution to easily deliver dynamic content.
- Galaxy Tab S combines advanced display technology featuring rich, realistic images with maximum portability, productivity and security. This includes Samsung KNOX™ – the company’s best-in-class secure enterprise mobile platform – which protects the transmission of patient data.
- SMART ProXpress features Samsung’s Smart User Interface (UI) powered by Android, the first time multi-function printers have come equipped with an Android operating system. Built for performance, the model features fast scanning and powerful paper handling with a 1GHZ dual core CPU, and quick, reliable and efficient printing.
Exam Room: Hospitals use new tools to enable greater
provider-patient engagement. This helps patients assume stronger
ownership of their personal health, which is essential to improving
health outcomes. Doctors can use Samsung ultrasound solutions to help
estimate the patient’s stage of pregnancy, while patients can view the
ultrasound image on a Samsung Large Signage Display or Galaxy device
for informational purposes. Products showcased here include:
- WS80A Elite is a high resolution premium ultrasound system designed to meet the needs of women’s healthcare. The system features a suite of 5D advanced applications which streamline patient exam workflow while enhancing reproducibility for a consistent and confident clinical assessment. An exclusive application is 5D Heart, which can improve workflow for a fetal cardiac examination by reducing the time necessary to obtain standard cardiac views.
- Galaxy S6, with its next-generation performance, delivers productivity, multi-tasking and protection with Samsung Knox™ security. Utilizing a powerful mobile device in the healthcare environment – optimized with Multi Window capabilities and business applications – provides healthcare providers a fast, simple way to view records, data and other pertinent medical information, as they interact with patients face-to-face, improving the patient’s care experience.
- Galaxy Note 4 embraces Samsung’s mobile heritage with its 5.7-inch Quad HD display for clear and vivid images. With its larger screen and Multi Window features, the Note 4 provides another mobile method for healthcare providers to manage information while interacting with patients one-on-one.
- GEAR S Smartwatch will feature an intelligent digital assistant to showcase how a physician can boost productivity. Clinical workflows allow physicians to record vital signs, use voice interaction with patient notification, document telephone encounters, and place medications, lab, and radiology orders. The Gear S can act as a wireless mic for healthcare providers, enabling notes to be dictated, and then transcribed into an electronic medical record to accurately document patient care.
Remote Care Management: Healthcare professionals can use
Samsung tablets or displays to review medical conditions, and with
appropriate connectivity, patients can engage in real time interaction
through customized videoconferencing with care givers. Products
showcased here include:
- Samsung 55” Curved Smart TV enables patients to interact with their nurses and doctors through videoconferencing.
- Galaxy Tab S combines advanced display technology with features for maximum portability, productivity and security. With its Super AMOLED display, the Galaxy Tab S delivers a range of rich, crisp colors for deep and realistic images, enabling scanned images to be clearer when viewed on a portable device.
Smart Patient Room: Interactive patient care with personalized
content and enhanced communication is the future of the
patient-centered healthcare experience. Staff, patients, and family
have convenient, on-demand access to a library
of patient education materials. It also gives clinicians the power
to push timely, patient-specific education and information directly to
the patient television. This Smart Patient Room experience can assist
with patient satisfaction as measured by HCAHPS for improved financial
performance of the hospital.
- Healthcare TV allows patients to identify their caregivers, see a list of daily activities and access educational material. The TVs, which are UL-listed for safety and designed with a universal pillow-speaker, feature the Samsung LYNK™ REACH Content Management Solution.
- Small Signage Display, a 10.1-inch commercial display ideal for patient information outside the patient room.
- Large Signage Display is an integrated solution that eliminates the need for an external PC or media player. The Large Signage Display offers a streamlined solution that reduces the total cost of ownership for digital signage deployments.
KNOX for Healthcare
Also integrated through Samsung’s technology showcase is Samsung KNOX™ – Samsung’s best-in-class secure enterprise mobile platform. Samsung KNOX provides comprehensive data protection and powerful device management capabilities that are critical when it comes to storing patient information and medical records.
- Customization: The KNOX Customization software development kit extends the capabilities of its standard kit, enabling greater flexibility when creating customized mobile business solutions for the healthcare setting. KNOX Customization enables in-depth configuration of elements within the device settings and extended control of the user experience.
- Security: The Samsung KNOX platform creates a secure environment on a healthcare provider’s enterprise devices, helping ensure that employees can confidently use enterprise apps, securely store data, and safely send emails. This provides seamless access to health information on patients, while keeping personal data separate.
- Website: http://samsung.com/healthcare
- Blog: http://samsungbusinessblog.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/samsung-electronics-america
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SamsungBizUSA
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/samsungbizUSA
- Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/SamsungBusinessUSA
About Samsung Business
As a global leader in enterprise mobility and information technology, Samsung Business provides a diverse portfolio of enterprise technologies from smartphones to wearables, tablets, digital displays, hospitality TVs, printers and medical diagnostic equipment. We are committed to putting the business customer at the core of everything we do by delivering comprehensive products, solutions and services across diverse industries including retail, healthcare, hospitality, education and government. Samsung Business is committed to helping customers realize the promise of a digital business. For more information, please visit samsung.com/business, call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung Business via Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com.