IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading technology integrator of advanced IT and communications solutions, today announced its selection as a Best of Interop finalist in the Storage award category, recognizing NEC’s HYDRAstor® HS8-4000, the latest generation of NEC’s scale-out grid storage system. HYDRAstor offers the highest performance scale-out of any purpose-built backup appliance (PBBA) solution in the market. The Best of Interop winners will be announced at 5:30 p.m. Pacific on April 28 on the Expo Floor during Interop Las Vegas, April 27 through May 1 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. For more information visit: http://www.bestofinterop.com.
With the 4.2 release, NEC’s HYDRAstor HS8-4000 introduced a new feature called “Deduped Transfer,” which significantly increased the maximum performance of each HYDRAstor Hybrid Node by 6x and vaulted HYDRAstor to the top single-controller PBBA throughput (40 TB/hr per Hybrid Node). This significant enhancement also quadrupled HYDRAstor’s single system scale-out performance capability from 1 PB/hr to 4 PB/hr (>1 TB/s). By comparison, this is about 30x higher than the next closer competitor. Another major improvement achieved by Deduped Transfer is the reduction of bandwidth requirements for massive data transfer, as well as support for remote backups from smaller locations directly to the data center.
The most significant new features in the 4.2 release included:
- Deduped Transfer source side deduplication delivers the highest single controller performance in the market as well as significantly higher single system performance, while reducing bandwidth requirements for data transfer and providing support for remote backups.
- WAN-optimized Auto Image Replication delivers automated disaster recovery with auto import of new backups (in addition to high-availability across up to 165 active-active controllers).
- Lossless High-speed Image Compression for BMP files, with 10-40 times higher performance than JPEG2000, with inline space reduction and high speed R/W.
- Global Namespace for distributed access to large content repositories, extending HYDRAstor’s capability for distributed archive and content repository environments in addition to large enterprise backup.
- Archive-only model support for affordable long-term data archive. In addition to mixed use cases for backup/archive/repositories, the release also introduced archive-only models (HS6 series) that deliver similar advantages (space efficiency, high resiliency, modular scale-out, HA) at lower price points.
NEC will be showcasing its solutions, including SDN, UC&C, Cloud Services, Big Data Analytics and Biometrics, at Booth #1033 during Interop Las Vegas.
For more information about HYDRAstor storage solutions, visit www.necam.com/HYDRAstor/
NEC information: www.necam.com
Facebook fan page: www.necam.com/facebook
© 2015 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.