TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Senior leaders from Grant Thornton LLP are available to provide insight on the potential impact the 2015 federal budget will have on the economy, on businesses, and on Canadian families from coast to coast. They are also available to discuss key tax, business and economic challenges they believe should be addressed in the April 21 budget. Topics that Grant Thornton leaders will be available to discuss include, but are not limited to:
Personal Tax Rates and Encouraging Canadians to Save For Retirement
- Benefits of broad-based personal tax measures vs. niche tax measures
- Impacts and benefits of a change to TFSAs
Price of Oil & Canada’s Economic Uncertainty
- Impact of low oil prices and managing uncertainty around the economy
- Rejuvenating Canada’s manufacturing sector
Innovation and Job Creation
- Commercializing R&D to create jobs and help Canada become an innovation economy
- Gaining access to venture capital
Supporting the Growth of Private Businesses
- Changes in corporate tax rates
- Measures that can be taken to help private businesses grow and create jobs
Retiring Baby Boomers
- Incenting (vs. discouraging) retiring baby boomers to keep their businesses in Canada and in their family
- Evaluating the risks for Canadian multinationals around the OECD’s Base Erosion Profit Sharing (BEPS) Action Plan
Grant Thornton experts are also available to do the following media interviews:
- PRE-BUDGET INTERVIEWS (today through April 21): National tax leaders are available from today through April 21 to provide media with commentary and analysis on these and other tax, business, economic and federal budget-related issues.
- BUDGET DAY INTERVIEWS IN MEDIA LOCK-UP: (9am – 4pm EDT on April 21): National spokespeople will attend the federal budget lock-up and will be available to participate in media interviews during the lock-up on budget day.
- BUDGET DAY INTERVIEWS IN TORONTO (9am – 4pm EDT on April 21): A national spokesperson will be available to provide media with commentary and analysis on a wide range of tax, business, economic and federal budget-related issues.
- BUDGET DAY INTERVIEWS POST-LOCK-UP IN OTTAWA (Starting at 4pm EDT on April 21): National spokespeople will be available to participate in live budget shows and provide commentary and analysis immediately following the budget lock-up in Ottawa in the Railway Committee Room, Room 253-D, Centre Block, Parliament Hill.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Together with the Quebec firm Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP, Grant Thornton in Canada has approximately 4,000 people in offices across Canada. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide.
A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca