CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, a leading provider of integrated healthcare technology, debuted today at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) 2015 conference a host of new technology solutions for healthcare, including new mobile computing tools and scanners optimized for clinician use, interactive kiosks, digital media solutions designed to increase patient engagement, and more. Additional highlights include directional speakers aimed at cutting through the chaos of the typical healthcare environment to provide targeted interactions. Panasonic’s integrated technology display (booth 435) is designed to demonstrate the benefits of interoperability along the connected continuum of care and the potential to optimize patient and staff communications as well as the mobile efficiency of healthcare providers.
Panasonic will also showcase its full portfolio of connected healthcare solutions, including touch screen kiosks for interactive waiting room, patient room media applications, surgical imaging technology, digital signage solutions to increase engagement and improve wayfinding capabilities, a comprehensive lineup of mobility and communications solutions, and more.
“The focus on interoperability has been an increasingly critical challenge that healthcare professionals must face,” said Jamil King, National Sales Manager, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA). “As the Internet of Things (IoT) idea has become more prevalent in the healthcare industry, we’re seeing providers looking for solutions that offer more than the sum of their parts and have the potential to increase security, elevate efficiency, and deliver improved patient outcomes. For a network of connected devices to work appropriately in the healthcare market – from mobile computing to security systems to digital signage – the endpoints need to be purpose built and exceptionally reliable.”
Announcing Connected Patient Room and Innovative Speaker Technology
Effective communication between healthcare providers and patients is a key factor in positive patient outcomes. Panasonic provides products and services that benefit healthcare facilities by providing more efficient resource allocation that revolutionizes patient engagement and communication.
- Panasonic Connected Patient Room: Panasonic is debuting an enhanced patient media solution to enhance the patient experience. The comprehensive solution can be used to centrally manage the delivery of entertainment, infotainment, educational and communication between patients and employees. The solution aims to improve the patient experience by enabling increased options, flexibility and engagement in during their treatment, as well as promote improved staff performance and overall hospital communications.
- Panasonic Super Directional Speaker: In a healthcare environment, conventional speakers spread sound everywhere and only add to the loud and hectic conditions. At HIMSS, Panasonic will be introducing directional speakers concept sample that will help cut through the noise clutter by delivering sound in a specific direction. The technology will provide targeted announcements, and can be integrated with displays in patient rooms or waiting rooms to eliminate unnecessary noise.
Highlighting New and Recently Updated Mobility Solutions
With many facilities placing an importance on digital record keeping, maximizing efficiency and increasing mobility in the healthcare field is paramount. Panasonic is showcasing its expanded offering of powerful mobile computers that can withstand the drops and spills to be expected in healthcare environments.
- Toughpad 4K Tablet: Announced this week, the new version of Panasonic’s 20-inch, 4K tablet features a 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor and an HDMI 2.0 input to enhance efficiencies in professional video applications. This 20-inch tablet provides an exceptional viewing experience that allows for a more immersive patient-physician consultative experience.
- Toughbook 54: Introduced earlier this year, the Toughbook 54 is a lightweight and thin semi-rugged laptop, making it an ideal solution for clinicians who need a comprehensive mobile computing device that is light enough to maneuver and can reliably capture and process patient data. Magnesium alloy design and a built-in handle allow for simple, durable transportation through the chaos of a healthcare facility, and the 14-inch display provides a computing experience that is lighter and thinner than its previous generation.
- Toughpad FZ-G1: New product features announced today to the fully rugged 10-inch tablet include a faster 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-5300U vPro™ Processor, and longer battery life with up to 13 hours of continuous use with a single standard battery, and up to 26 hours with the optional long-life battery, allowing for continuous mobile computing support throughout even the longest shift. Additional features include 2D Barcode and RFID capabilities, assisting employees in keeping track of all the moving parts of healthcare facilities, including patient records, medication distribution, and equipment whereabouts.
- Additional mobile computing solutions, including the 5-inch Toughpad FZ-X1 (Android) and Toughpad FZ-E1 (Windows) and 7-inch Toughpad FZ-M1 (Windows) and Toughpad FZ-B2 (Android).
In addition to the new products and solutions Panasonic will be presenting at HIMSS, the company will also be demonstrating additional healthcare applications of their best-in-class technology.
Bringing Information to Life with Digital Signage Solutions
From video walls to touchscreen kiosks that help guide visitors through a healthcare facility, large format display systems give healthcare operators the power to immerse, inform, delight and engage visitors from the moment they walk through the front door.
- Signage Displays and Donor Recognition: Transform a static entryway with a digital donor wall that uses Panasonic display technology to recognize the donors that made the facility possible. Displays offer optional interactive capability, allowing healthcare patrons to interact with the application to learn more.
- Health and Self-Service Kiosks: Interactive displays and touch-screen wayfinding capabilities greet patients and visitors and further help navigate a medical building or hospital complex. Digital kiosks can also provide easy patient registration and sign-in capabilities, speeding up the process of access to care. In the waiting room, kiosks can also be used to educate patients about health issues, services and general information.
Facilitating Collaboration in a Connected Conference Room
As a trusted partner in audio/video solutions, Panasonic brings its expertise to the healthcare facility conference room. Panasonic can supply the highest quality of display, projector and video camera technology to provide the most accurate information possible and to help foster collaboration in any professional environment.
- Interactive Displays: The LFB70 Series of professional Full HD displays incorporate intuitive touch screen technology, fully interactive whiteboard functionality, and the very latest in wireless connectivity to allow a more collaborative work environment.
- Professional HD Video: The cost-effective, integrated full HD HE40 Series PTZ cameras, deliver high sensitivity, high resolution and superior video capture with advanced features including Power over Ethernet+ (POE+) and IP-live video monitoring.
Additional Products on Display at HIMSS:
- Unified Communications: Panasonic SIP Phones, featuring advanced HD voice and graphical and touch screens, are designed to improve communications, boost business productivity and collaboration. As a complete solution for SIP users, Panasonic’s unified communications solutions efficiently meet the telephony needs of end users in any healthcare environments.
- Medical/Surgical Suites: Panasonic’s operating room recording system features a high definition, 3 chip compact camera and recording system with exceptional color accuracy. A 32-inch certified medical monitor will also be on the show floor to display the evolution of In-Plane-Switching technology, IPS-Pro, which provides excellent color images with a very high contrast ratio from almost all viewing angles.
- Scanner Solutions: Panasonic scanning solutions combine reliable, state-of-the-art hardware with powerful software that makes the entire paper-to-digital workflow faster, simpler and far more accurate.
To schedule a booth tour at HIMSS 2015 go to: http://info.panasonic.com/himss2015.html
For more information on Panasonic’s Healthcare Solutions go to:
Sales inquiries for Panasonic’s Healthcare Solutions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-803-8492.
Follow Panasonic Solutions for Business
Panasonic Solutions for Business
Panasonic delivers game-changing technology solutions that deliver a customized experience to drive better outcomes—for our customers and our customers’ customers. Panasonic engineers reliable products and solutions that help to create, capture and deliver data of all types, where, when and how it is needed. The complete suite of Panasonic professional solutions for government and commercial enterprises of all sizes addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, office productivity, visual communications (projectors, displays, digital signage) and HD video production. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Information on Panasonic solutions for business can be obtained by calling 877-803-8492 or at us.panasonic.com/business-solutions/.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and solutions for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. In Interbrand’s 2014 annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, Panasonic ranked number five overall and the top electronics brand in the report. As part of continuing sustainability efforts, Panasonic Corporation of North America relocated its headquarters to a new facility, adjacent to Newark Penn Station in Newark, NJ. It is the first newly constructed office tower in Newark to earn both LEED Platinum and Gold certifications from the U.S. Green Building Council. Learn more about Panasonic at panasonic.com/pressroom.