SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Twitch, the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers, today unveiled new information about TwitchCon 2015, including ticket pricing and availability, sample onsite activities, and call for submissions. TwitchCon 2015 is taking place September 25-26 at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco and is the first ever convention dedicated to Twitch’s community of partners, broadcasters, and viewers.
The following tickets for TwitchCon 2015 go on sale at 2:00pm PT on April 10 at TwitchCon.com, with discounted early bird tickets available until 11:00pm PT on April 24:
- Friday, September 25 pass: $50.00 USD (Early bird price: $45.00)
- Saturday, September 26 pass: $60.00 USD (Early bird price: $55.00)
- 2-Day pass: $85.00 USD (Early bird price: $75.00)
- Saturday after party for badge holders: $25.00 USD
On April 10, Twitch is also conducting an open call for submissions at TwitchCon.com. This is the community’s opportunity to submit a panel, workshop, experience, or presentation idea for consideration.
TwitchCon 2015 will feature a myriad of interactive experiences for attendees. This includes the following, with more to be announced in the coming months:
- Panel Rooms: A diverse selection of community- and staff-driven panels geared toward educating and entertaining attendees
Interactive events with top Twitch Partners:
- Stream with them using the Broadcast Pods
- Play games with them in the Gaming Lab
- Learn from them in the Knowledge center
- Mingle with them at meet & greet signing sessions
- Celebrate with them at the massive after party on September 25
- Watch their channels being broadcast live from the show floor
- Among hundreds in attendance, many of Twitch’s most popular personalities will be taking part in various convention activities. The first dozen being revealed are itmeJP, iijeriichoii, OMGitsFirefoxx, PokerStaples, Nightblue3, Towelliee, eg_jwong, ApproachingNirvana, Cirno_tv, Reynad27, Summit1g, and TimTheTatman. In the weeks ahead, more participating top broadcast Partners will be announced on Twitch Weekly and at TwitchCon.com.
- Keynote from Twitch CEO Emmett Shear
- Exclusive Twitch merchandise available only at the show
To be kept in the loop with all TwitchCon news, follow the TwitchCon Twitter feed and sign up at TwitchCon.com to receive updates.
Twitch is the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers. Each month, more than 100 million community members gather to watch and talk about video games with more than 1.5 million broadcasters. Twitch’s video platform is the backbone of both live and on-demand distribution for the entire video game ecosystem. This includes game developers, publishers, media outlets, events, user generated content, and the entire esports scene. In February 2014, Twitch was ranked the 4th largest website in terms of peak internet traffic in the U.S., fortifying the brand as an entertainment industry leader and the epicenter of social video for gamers. For more information visit the Twitch website and the blog.