DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kwjh3k/colorectal_cancer) has announced the addition of the "Colorectal Cancer Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2020" report to their offering.
The market in the APAC region was worth an estimated $1.9 billion in 2013 and is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.5% to $2.9 billion in 2020.
It gives an estimation of market size for 2013 along with forecasts until 2020 for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, which comprises Australia, China, India and Japan. It also covers disease epidemiology, treatment algorithms, treatment patterns, in-depth analysis of clinical trials including failure rates and pipeline analysis, and analysis of deals relevant to Colorectal Cancer (CRC).
The use of targeted therapies is expected to increase in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) markets (for the purposes of this report, APAC refers to Australia, China, India and Japan only), as patient access to these more expensive agents improves. The moderate uptake of late-stage pipeline products panitumumab and Xilonix, following their expected approval, is expected to drive additional growth within this market. Others such as ramucirumab, TAS-102, TS-1, MelCancerVac will also contribute.
An increasingly aging population and a year-on-year increase in the number of incident cases will provide an additional boost. However, the recent implementation of a price ceiling on essential drugs in India; anticipated pricing restrictions in China; and low access, penetration and price erosion due to generic dominance, especially in India, stand to curtail the APAC CRC market.
- A brief introduction to CRC, including the disease's pathogenesis, etiology, diagnosis and treatment algorithms
- In-depth analysis of currently marketed drugs for CRC, examining their safety, efficacy, treatment patterns and strengths/weaknesses and including a heat map that compares the drugs in terms of safety and efficacy
- A comprehensive review of the pipeline for CRC, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market during the forecast period; the pipeline is analyzed on the basis of Phase distribution, molecule type, program type, mechanism of action and molecular target
- Additional in-depth analysis of pipeline drug clinical trials by Phase, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate for each molecule type
- Multi-scenario forecast data of the market to 2020, taking into account how the market may be affected by the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs and the changes in disease epidemiology across the key developed markets
- Discussion of the drivers of and barriers to market growth
- In-depth analysis of all licensing and co-development deals that have occurred in the CRC market since 2006
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Marketed Products
4 Pipeline Analysis
5 Market Forecast to 2020
6 Deals and Strategic Consolidations
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals
- DanDrit Biotech
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Taiho Pharmaceutical
- Taiho Pharmaceutical
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kwjh3k/colorectal_cancer