SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Citrix today announced a redesigned user experience for GoToMeeting, making it even simpler to hold high-definition online meetings with colleagues, customers and friends from anywhere in the world. The traditional definition of “meeting” is challenged by the new GoToMeeting with more productivity app integrations, personalization that lets users work the way they want and a richer experience, so they can stay connected with colleagues in real-time.
New Citrix research reveals that people use on average up to five different devices for work, meaning they need to quickly move from one device to the next without losing productivity. The new features announced today improve the GoToMeeting experience across the PC, Mac, mobile and browser to accommodate different work styles.
“Productive meetings don’t just start and stop when you step in the “room;” they require preparation and follow-up,” said Chris Battles, Vice President and General Manager, Citrix. “With the new GoToMeeting experience, we’re making the preparation, collaboration and post-meeting communication phases of the work day as seamless and intuitive as possible.”
Recent GoToMeeting enhancements that improve the PC, Mac, browser and mobile experience and are available worldwide now, include:
- GoToMeeting Control Panel –PC users have a more intuitive interface that is customizable– all designed to simplify the way attendees and organizers collaborate in real-time.
- GoToMeet.me – Mac and PC users can now experience personalized meeting rooms, and create their own meeting destination URLs.
- Handoff – With Handoff, Mac users can easily flow from a meeting on iPad or iPhone to a desktop without having to reconnect.
- Instant Join – GoToMeeting web app users on Chrome experience the benefit of simple, easy-to-join meetings
- GoToMeeting for Google Calendar and Outlook – Google and Outlook users can schedule meetings directly from a calendar invitation without having to open the application.
- Android Mobile App – Android users can join or leave a meeting with one click on their smartwatch without having to use a mobile device.
- One-Touch Dialer and Quick Join – As an alternative to Internet audio in low-bandwidth areas, One-Touch Dialer for iPhone and Android allows users to join a GoToMeeting, in one click. Quick Join displays upcoming meetings on the app screen, allowing users to join with the touch of a button.
- iOS Language Support – GoToMeeting is available in all major languages including Brazilian, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Spanish for iPhone and iPad. These GoToMeeting mobile and desktop features are currently available worldwide.
Supporting over 50 million online meetings last year, GoToMeeting is trusted by small businesses and Fortune 500 companies worldwide. According to recent data from Techvalidate, 83 percent of users are likely to recommend GoToMeeting.
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is leading the transition to software-defining the workplace, uniting virtualization, mobility management, networking and SaaS solutions to enable new ways for businesses and people to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, mobile workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. With annual revenue in 2014 of $3.14 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
© 2015 Citrix Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Citrix and Citrix GoToMeeting Free are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.