TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Unata, the award-winning leader in 1-to-1 omni-commerce solutions, today announced that Lowes Foods, a locally-owned and operated grocery chain headquartered in North Carolina, has selected Unata’s customer engagement platform for a pilot, which will offer a 1-to-1 eCommerce experience for its shoppers. Lowes’ new Click & Collect customer experience will include a 1-to-1 personalized homepage and personalized product recommendations across the shopping experience. Unata’s platform will power the order management, content targeting and customer service tools for Lowes staff. Lowes Foods will pilot Unata’s platform beginning this month.
The pilot comes on the heels of Lowes’ continued re-branding investment and in-store enhancements. The new eCommerce experience complements these efforts, delivering the same rich customer experience in an online format. Unata was selected for its ability to meet Lowes’ goal of a modern, intuitive and omni-channel customer experience that is centered around 1–to-1 personalization, which is powered by Unata’s proprietary 1-to-1 recommendation technology. Feature highlights of the implementation include:
- 1-to-1 Personalized Homepage: Customers can easily access a 1-to-1 personalized list of the most relevant specials based on their purchase history, their most frequently purchased items, and targeted content from Lowes.
- 1-to-1 Product Recommendations: Customers will be presented with product recommendations across the online shopping experience, including related items to those added to their Shopping Cart. Plus, they will have access to a personalized version of the product catalogue that presents the most relevant items for the shopper in each department.
- Shop by Attribute: Customers can organize and browse products based on attributes such as organic, local, gluten-free and more.
- Complex Promotion Support: Customers can access all in-store specials, including complex promotions, within the eCommerce experience. Complex discounts & offers are incorporated into the estimated cart total.
- Order Management: Lowes staff can manage online orders through new Unata-powered dashboard.
- Content Targeting: Lowes staff can target & manage promoted content to Lowes customers.
“As a grocer who emphasizes a high-level of customer experience in-store, it only makes sense to offer that same level online,” said Michael Moore, CMO of Lowes Foods. “We look forward to providing our customers with a highly personalized experience, demonstrating our commitment to our customers and making it easier for them to discover new products they will love.”
“We are thrilled to be working with Lowes to enable their digital strategy. Their focus on delivering the best possible customer experience aligns perfectly with the way Unata has built its platform,” said Chris Bryson, Unata founder and CEO. “We know that 1-to-1 engagement increases customer loyalty and overall cart size, and we look forward to Lowes reaping those benefits.”
Unata announces this pilot prior to the Click & Collect Show USA event at AmericasMart Convention Center in Atlanta, GA April 8-9. Unata will be exhibiting at the conference in the Innovation Zone. Media that would like to meet with Unata at the show, please contact Kathleen See at Kathleen@ketnergroup.com.