SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--F5 Networks (NASDAQ: FFIV) today announced its new Security Operations Center (SOC) facility located at the company’s headquarters in Seattle. The SOC supports customers using the Silverline™ cloud-based application services platform by providing 24/7 access to highly specialized F5 security experts who monitor global layer 4-7 attack activities in real time.
At global enterprises, in-house security teams continuously analyze threats and quickly respond to discovered malware and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) activities. Doing this effectively is challenging due to the cost and complexity associated with managing security across traditional and cloud environments. It is also problematic for in-house security teams to stay up to date on the latest attacks and protection measures. F5’s Security Operations Center will help solve these issues. The SOC helps organizations by providing a service that is responsive and provides needed visibility and context into security threats from highly specialized security experts. This team of researchers and analysts investigates new attacks throughout the world, and maintains up-to-date information on the latest malware, zero-day, and phishing attacks targeting global enterprises.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE SOC
- Ensures 24/7 threat monitoring and responses: Support, monitoring, and security threat response from an expert team with leading-edge technology—available 365 days a year.
- Shuts down phishing sites efficiently: Stop malicious sites or drop zones in hours and before malicious campaigns are executed.
- Maintains up-to-date global threat intelligence: Constant monitoring of the fraud threat landscape, and analysis of security risks and attack trends threatening global enterprises. The F5 SOC receives ongoing updates from the F5 global web fraud and security customer base, as well as from reputable information outlets and other sources around the world. F5 then passes this information on to customers.
- Detects and Mitigates DDoS Attacks: Keep networks online during attacks with 24/7 DDoS detection and mitigation capabilities.
- Analyzes malware: Recognize and safeguard against sophisticated threats, including Web injection, credential grabbing, man-in-the-browser (MITB), man-in-the-middle (MITM), session hijacking, password stealers, and more.
- Easily set-up: F5 SOC services can be activated quickly to support F5® WebSafe™, F5® MobileSafe™, and DDoS Protection.
“Protecting applications and enterprise data in the face of increasingly sophisticated attacks is complex and challenging. As customers deploy more enterprise-grade applications and services across traditional data center and cloud environments, the need for security services has never been greater. The full portfolio of on-premises, cloud and hybrid security services enabled and managed by the SOC allows our customers to reduce their operational burden without jeopardizing overall application security.”
Julian Eames, Executive Vice President of Business Operations at F5
INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY CENTERS
The SOC is housed within the F5 International Technology Center (ITC) in Seattle. F5 also has ITCs in London and New York, and these facilities give customers and partners the opportunity to evaluate, test, and validate the value of F5 products. Also, the ITCs provide a place to work hands-on with many of the applications developed by F5's partners.
The F5® Silverline™ SOC services are available now to customers worldwide. Please contact a local F5 sales office for additional information.
F5 (NASDAQ: FFIV) provides solutions for an application world. F5 helps organizations seamlessly scale cloud, data center, telecommunications, and software defined networking (SDN) deployments to successfully deliver applications and services to anyone, anywhere, at any time. F5 solutions broaden the reach of IT through an open, extensible framework and a rich partner ecosystem of leading technology and orchestration vendors. This approach lets customers pursue the infrastructure model that best fits their needs over time. The world’s largest businesses, service providers, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of cloud, security, and mobility trends. For more information, go to f5.com.
F5 and Silverline are trademarks or service marks of F5 Networks, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release may contain forward looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.