DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5s7dx4/china_threeway) has announced the addition of the "China Three-way Catalytic Converter Industry Report, 2014" report to their offering.
Three-way catalysis refers to the catalysis that converts harmful gases including CO, HC and NOx from automobile exhaust into harmless carbon dioxide, water and nitrogen via oxidization and reduction, mainly with a three-way catalytic converter, which is carried by a porous ceramic material and mounted on a special exhaust pipe. The reason it is called carrier is that it itself does not participate in catalytic reaction, but is covered with a layer of platinum, rhodium, palladium and other precious metals, and is the most important purification device outside the machine installed in an automobile exhaust system.
Chinese three-way catalytic converters for passenger cars are mainly divided into two parts, i.e. new demand and replacement demand. From the measured historical data, 2014 is the milestone year for three-way catalytic converter demand. Prior to that, the new demand, influenced by a large base of new cars and still not a replacement tide for three-way catalytic converter, had been significantly higher than the replacement demand, e.g. 17.93 million and 15 million respectively in 2013. However, the replacement demand (20.02 million) exceeded the new demand (19.92 million) in 2014. In the future, with a slowdown in domestic automobile production and sales and the arrival of peak demand for replacing automotive three-way catalytic converters, China's three-way catalytic converter and industry chain parts will be beneficiaries.
With regard to catalyst, 26.41 million liters were needed by passenger cars in 2014, of which, over 80% were provided by foreign companies and the remaining 20% by domestic Chinese peers. According to China Internal Combustion Engine Industry Association, as of 2013, all catalysts for joint-venture passenger cars were made by foreign companies, and even for independent brand passenger cars, only 55% of catalysts thereof came from domestic companies.
As far as catalyst encapsulation is concerned, the main market is still dominated by foreign-funded or joint-venture enterprises represented by Faurecia and Tenneco which mainly occupy the middle and high-end market and support joint-venture vehicle manufacturers. Wuxi Weifu Lida Catalytic Converter Co., Ltd., a large-scale domestic manufacturer of automobile exhaust purifier, mainly supports self-owned brands.
The report highlights the followings:
- Overview of three-way catalytic converter, including definition, structure, industry policies, etc.
- Global three-way catalytic converter market demand, including global automobile production and sales, demand estimation, etc.
- China's three-way catalytic converter market demand, consisting of the development status, competition pattern, market demand, etc. of China's automobile industry;
18 manufacturers in three-way catalytic converter industry chain involving their revenue, net income, revenue structure, production base, catalyst business.
- Kunming Sino-Platinum Metals
- Tianjin HySci Company
- Daiichi Kigenso Kagaku Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- Corning (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- NGK Insulators
- Jiangsu Province Yixing Nonmetallic Chemical Machinery Factory Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing Kerui Special Ceramics Company Limited (a subsidiary of Gaochun Ceramics)
- Weihai Pacific Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC), China
- 3M (China) Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Bondlye Motor Environmental Technology
- Unifrax (Shanghai)
- NGK Spark Plug (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Faurecia (Changchun) Exhaust System Co., Ltd
- Shanghai Faurecia Honghu Exhaust System
- Wuhan Faurecia Tongda Exhaust System
- Faurecia Exhaust System
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5s7dx4/china_threeway