DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sw2r8w/the_future_of) has announced the addition of the "The Future of STBs: Challenges and Prospects in an IP World" report to their offering.
In recent years, television STBs have experienced many changes related to the ever-growing supply of digital TV services and the profound changes we are seeing in how video is consumed.
With the growth of IP and competitive OTT offerings, technological advances in both software and hardware, and the emergence of new competitors, the future role of STBs in homes is now under scrutiny.
The author reports on the TV STB market by analyzing the current situation and significant developments in technology, consumption and regulation.
The report looks at existing business models, the impact of broadband's expansion and various market dynamics depending on the type of network used.
It also details the various disruptive factors affecting the future of STBs and offers various scenarios for their role in homes by 2025.
- STB market still growing on a global scale
- Constantly expanding range of services available
- Increasing functionality and competition in the STB market
- Integration of an IP-based environment
- Security solutions & performance increases in signal processing
- Increasing adoption of ATAWADAC usages, especially by the younger generation
- Regulatory elements that could have a strong impact
- The Internet's impact on the STB market
- STBs, cost or profit centres?
- Disruption factors for the STB market in the next ten years
- Three (non-exclusive) scenarios for TV STBs by 2025
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Methodology & definitions
3. Structure of the TV & video device market
4. Drivers of change
5. Industry organization & strategy
6. 2025 scenarios
- Comcast X1
- UPC Ireland
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sw2r8w/the_future_of