DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fdxh2b/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in Portugal, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
Life insurance was the largest segment in the Portuguese insurance industry in 2013. Portugal's weak economic environment and rising unemployment rate, as a result of the financial crisis and the subsequent sovereign debt crisis, led to a decline in life insurance sales during the review period (2009-2013). The segment declined at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -2.6%. However, the segment is expected post a forecast period (2013-2018) CAGR of 2.0% due to projected economic growth following Portugal's bailout program in May 2014.
The life insurance segment is highly concentrated, with the 10 leading insurers accounting for 91.6% of the segment's gross written premium in 2013. As of 2013, 30 insurers - domestic and foreign - were operational in Portugal.
- It provides historical values for the Portuguese life insurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Portuguese life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Portugal.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Portugal and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
4 Portuguese Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5 Life Insurance Outlook
6 Analysis by Distribution Channel
7 Governance, Risk and Compliance
8 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
- BPI Vida
- Santander Totta
- Crédito Agrícola Vida
- CNP Barclays
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fdxh2b/life_insurance_in