WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NAB Show organizers today announced the next 10 startups chosen to participate in SPROCKIT 2015. These pioneering companies have been selected by industry leaders to collaborate with and present before influencers and decision makers at this year’s NAB Show, scheduled for April 11-16, 2015 in Las Vegas.
Now in its third year, SPROCKIT’s annual program features up to 30 emerging companies that are hand-selected by industry leaders based on their potential to develop innovative solutions to the issues facing today’s top media, entertainment and technology companies. New startups joining the previously announced SPROCKIT 2015 companies in this year’s program include:
- Channel Master is a provider of commercial and retail over-the-air, over-the-top and linear online video products and solutions for operators, broadcasters and the cord-cutting consumer.
- iSpot.tv is the only platform to track national TV advertising in real-time and measure digital responses across major video, social and search platforms.
- Kwicr’s mobile delivery network (MDN) is a platform that improves app performance by accelerating Internet traffic over mobile broadband networks.
- Limecraft offers production facilities, producers and broadcasters the technology to build their private cloud, leveraging existing storage and media asset management services.
- Multipop is developing the first scalable interactive video platform. The patent-pending technology adds content extensions, commerce and ad opportunities to any video in minutes.
- NIMxchange is a cloud-based content distribution service for TV broadcasters.
- ScoreStream crowd-sources sports scores, photos, chat and more, fundamentally changing the way sports content is created, shared and consumed.
- SDVI provides SaaS-based infrastructure management solutions that optimize the media supply chain for content owners, distributors and media facilities.
- Videa is a supply-side platform for automated television advertising. Owned by Cox Media Group, Videa offers solutions and services that are designed to simplify the buying and selling of spot television.
- Videogram is a platform to discover, share and monetize online video. Embed Videogram in websites, social networks, ad banners, live streams, programming guides and apps to increase click-thru and engagement.
“The technologies being developed today are not just helping media companies reach a wider audience, they’re letting these companies understand what types of content their audiences are truly interested in, how they feel about that content, and how they want to interact with it,” said Harry Glazer, founder and CEO of SPROCKIT. “With SPROCKIT, we are connecting the people and technology that are shaping the landscape of media consumption by having startups and industry leaders work side-by-side on driving the future of media and entertainment.”
SPROCKIT provides entrepreneurs with broad exposure and facilitated connections to influential executives in media and entertainment. Following NAB Show, startups will continue in the year-long program through SPROCKIT Sync – frequent day-long meetings and a virtual network where startups and industry leaders will convene and collaborate on how to bring the most innovative products, services and revenue models to market.
“Looking at the success of the SPROCKIT program from the past two years, we are looking forward to meeting and working with this year’s strong startup class,” said Chris Brown, executive vice president, NAB Conventions and Business Operations. “In such a dynamic industry, it’s important for us to stay on trend and adapt to the newest technologies. Consumers have an endless selection of media resources, from mobile to social and television to radio – it is clear that some of these companies will be real game changers in all aspects of the business.”
SPROCKIT is created in partnership with World Series of Startups, LLC and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). SPROCKIT corporate members include: AARP, Comcast, Cox Media, Disney/ABC Television Group, Gannett Broadcasting, Google, Graham Media Group, Hearst Television, Media General, Pearl TV, Raycom Media, Scripps and Univision Communications Inc. SPROCKIT supporters include: Angel Capital Association, Boston Consulting Group, Entertainment Technology Center (ETC) at USC, Ernst & Young, Interactive Television Alliance, Irving Group, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, mediaX at Stanford University, National Venture Capital Association, New Amsterdam Media, New Vantage Group, SmithGeiger and Springboard Enterprises.
For more information on SPROCKIT please visit sprockitglory.com.
Please click here to register as news media.
SPROCKIT is the media and entertainment alliance of corporate executives and industry-vetted emerging companies showcasing and collaborating on products, services and new revenue models. SPROCKIT spotlights industry innovations through two channels: a showcase at NAB Show, the world’s largest media and entertainment event; and SPROCKIT Sync, a series of private meetings where conversations continue in Silicon Valley, New York and Los Angeles. Together, media and entertainment executives and entrepreneurs are shaping the future of the industry by building relationships to tackle cross-sector challenges, forecast trends and bring solutions to market. Learn more at sprockitglory.com.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 11-16, 2015 in Las Vegas, is the world's largest electronic media show covering the creation, management and delivery of content across all platforms. With 98,000 attendees from 159 countries and 1,600+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America's broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.