RESERVE, La.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Associated Terminals is pleased to announce that it has completed the acquisition of the assets of St. James Stevedoring Company (“SJS”). The combined company is now the largest and most diverse stevedoring and terminal services provider operating on the Lower Mississippi River.
Transaction highlights include:
- Combined fleet of 14 high capacity Gottwald crane barges
- 21 deep draft berths capable of facilitating ocean vessel transloading
- Operating locations from mile 55 AHP to mile 228 AHP on the Lower Mississippi River
- Multiple dockside and in-plant service locations along the Gulf Coast in Louisiana and Texas
- SJS senior management to join the Associated team
- SJS proprietary technology to be deployed throughout Associated’s operating footprint
- Strategic alliance established between Associated Terminals and St. James Technologies
The acquisition will allow Associated to offer its customers the most efficient cargo transfer while minimizing time in port by leveraging the combined enterprise’s high capacity equipment, technology and berthing locations. Customers working with Associated Terminals will have additional locations to create a logistical and economic advantage.
“At Associated, we are committed to delivering the highest customer service, driving a culture of safety and creating rewarding careers for our entire team. The additions to our fleet, berthing locations and personnel integrates well with Associated’s existing footprint and will significantly strengthen our market position. Having a larger footprint will give us greater flexibility and logistical solutions to service our existing customer base while providing enhanced prospects and resources to bring new business opportunities” stated Todd Fuller, President of Associated Terminals.
Associated Terminals is a cargo handling and logistical solutions company. The company provides high quality, customized services, including agricultural commodity exports, in-plant services, midstream operations and terminal port operations, for both the import and export of commodities.