OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This A.M.BestTV episode looks at carriers, brokers and risk professionals that are aiming new coverage at organizations that deploy personnel into war zones and other areas mired in dangerous conditions.
Terrorism and acts of war are a constant threat and now with many businesses requiring their employees to travel abroad to places experiencing political unrest and terrorism, a consortium has announced the establishment of a new coverage, titled, “Hostile Environment Liability Protection” or HELP.
“HELP is a combination of specialist insurance coverage, which is provided through a Lloyd’s market facility, with expert risk mitigation and 24/7 cross guidance services,” said Ravi Uthayashanker, underwriter professional liability specialty lines, Beazley Group. “This combination is used to help guide and protect firms that are operating in hostile environments.”
Simon Koe, principal at Integro United Kingdom, stated that “due to the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan there has long been a need to cover personnel operating abroad, and HELP is one of those programs, which has grown out of that need.”
Click here to view the entire video program: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=hotspot315.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Insurance Panel Examines 21st Century Sales Successes: At a recent A.M Best webinar panelists describe how organizations are reinventing sales cultures to integrate young producers, build cross selling, harness technology and social media, as well as leverage data and research: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=sales315.
- Insurance Executives See Ongoing Wave of Securitized Risk: At the recent SIFMA Insurance and Risk-Linked Securities Conference, held in New York, NY, industry leaders stressed that the rapid growth of the insurance linked-securities industry poses challenges to traditional reinsurance and expands opportunities for primary writers: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=sifma315.
- ‘First Monday’ Review & Preview: Global Reinsurance Market in Midst of Mergers and Acquisitions Wave: A.M. Best Vice President Robert DeRose, Managing Senior Financial Analyst Greg Reisner and Senior Financial Analyst Mariza Costa focus on the growing trend of mergers and acquisitions in the global reinsurance sector as market conditions continue to stifle organic growth: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmreinsurance315.
- ‘First Monday’ Review & Preview: U.S. Health Insurers Adjust to New Industry Norms Post-Reform: A.M. Best Assistant Vice President Joseph Zazzera and Senior Financial Analyst Bridget Maehr discuss how health writers navigated the key health reform provisions that began in 2014: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmhealth315.
- ‘First Monday’ Review & Preview: U.S. Life/Annuity Industry Navigating Obstacles to Growth: A.M. Best Vice President Stephen Irwin and Assistant Vice President Rosemarie Mirabella highlight key growth opportunities in the life/annuity sector as well as in the U.S. retirement market: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmlifeannuity315
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2015 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.