FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Sun Sentinel Media Group today announced the launch of Sun Sentinel Originals, the video channel for South Florida offering the best in premium, local content. Sun Sentinel Originals – which feature local journalists, covering the content that matters most to South Florida – are streaming now on SunSentinel.com and on YouTube. The launch of Sun Sentinel Originals is the most recent in a series of new digital offerings from the Sun Sentinel Media Group, including the fully reengineered digital experience and new mobile apps, allowing audiences to interact with Sun-Sentinel content across all platforms.
“Sun Sentinel Originals is built on our core mission to provide consumers with the best in local news, information and more,” said Howard Greenberg, Publisher and CEO of Sun Sentinel Media Group. “Originals combines the best in entertainment and leading local journalism and delivers an engaging and valuable experience that our readers are going to appreciate.”
Each of the eight series, or “playlists,” covering an array of topics will be updated at least once a week and will include:
- “Dan Won’t Shut Up!” – Daniel Vasquez, Sun Sentinel opinion writer, offers his knowledgeable commentary on just about everything.
- “Rod with a Twist” – Rod Hagwood, fashion writer and theater critic, joins a local bartender to introduce a new recipe for a unique cocktail in each episode.
- “Doreen’s Deals” – A video version of SunSentinel.com’s top blog, this playlist is hosted by Doreen Christensen and offers simple tips for using coupons and saving money while shopping.
- “South Florida’s Dubious History” – As the name suggests, this series focuses on South Florida’s odd and unusual history and is hosted by Wayne Roustan.
- “Sun Sentinel Shorts” – This playlist features short documentaries on local topics.
- “X’s and Omar” – Sun Sentinel’s lead Dolphins writer, Omar Kelly, and the sports anchor, Matt Lincoln, from Sun Sentinel’s TV partner, WPEC-TV, engage in conversations about the Miami Dolphins.
- “The Sports Perkolator” – Sportswriter Chris Perkins hosts other sports experts to discuss and debate local and statewide sports.
- “FloriDUH” – This will be a video version of SunSentinel.com’s second most-popular blog, which is based on a collection of weird news that is uniquely Florida.
In addition to the eight new series, Sun Sentinel Originals will add a ninth series reporting top daily news headlines and a tenth with extensive sports coverage.
“Sun Sentinel Originals takes the foundation we’ve already established for video and kicks it up a notch,” said Howard Saltz, editor of the Sun Sentinel. “It combines a year-long effort between journalists and photographers to produce original video content in an innovative format. These videos supplement the Sun Sentinel’s powerful portfolio of content available every hour of every day, and offer viewers access to new content from some of their favorite Sun Sentinel journalists across all platforms.”
Sun Sentinel Originals is available on www.sunsentinel.com/originals and also on YouTube immediately.
About Sun Sentinel
Sun Sentinel Media Group, a subsidiary of Tribune Publishing Company, is a multiplatform media company that reaches an audience of more than 1.7 million people across all platforms. As the dominant voice in our community, Sun Sentinel Media Group interacts with South Florida through our award-winning print and digital products, an array of niche products and customized marketing solutions. Sun Sentinel Media Group also publishes the leading weekly, Spanish-language newspaper, El Sentinel, and its companion website, ElSentinel.com.